|I have white walls and off-white furniture with dark wood accent and a greenish rug. What color can I paint my walls that is not too daring?|
|How about Edgecomb Gray (Benjamin Moore)? It's a light neutral, warm gray (taupe-ish).|
|If you pick one of the BM best selling colors it is likely to coordinate well with most furnishings and be considered attractive by most people. Make sure to paint a few samples on your walls first, sometimes lighting will make a color look different than it really is, and remember it will look much lighter when finally painted, a small swatch will look darker than it really is painted against white. |
Another color to consider is Bennington Gray http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/benningtongray
Here is a link that might be useful: BM Best selling colors
|Well, I could say SW Kiwi or Jardin or Refresh but how is that helpful? |
Do you have any direction on colors you prefer?
If you can't name a color you like how about the feeling of the room- what feeling do you want to evoke?
Maybe point us to a room you like?
Even a pillow or rug with a pattern that you love would help.
Color is a wide open field and anyone could say anything and you would not be one step closer to choosing one.
Maybe post a photo of the room and tell us about how you use it.
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.