Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Foot of bed bench

Posted by cyn427 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 27, 13 at 12:50

Has anyone ever purchased one of these benches (or anything) from Eloquence? Several online retailers have this bench and there are several local shops that can get it for me. I emailed the company and the response was delightful, so at least they have that in their favor! The furniture is made in Vietnam. US-made would be preferable, but I can live with Vietnam.

I like the look of these and haven't found any that are quite as lovely, although I am not a fan of the "shabby" paint effect. I figure that I can easily repaint if it is too much for me.

I want it for the guest room which I recently painted, etc.

Thoughts/opinions are welcome-positive and negative. Thanks all.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Foot of bed bench

No but I made my own it's really easy to diy.

o

It's really pretty. I love the legs/French style. Since it is for a guest room and I assume won't get a ton of use, if the price is right I say go for it.

o

Aputernut, very pretty. I am always envious of talented people like you!

Mamorella, the price is $825 which I don't mind spending if it is a decent sturdy bench, but I hesitate since I don't know if it is. Ballard has a pretty Louis XVI bench. It is less expensive and 15% off right now, but it has an end of May ship date! :( no instant gratification there!

Sigh. What to do, what to do. I will probably dither and never get anything.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ballard Designs bench

o

Oops-meant to say thanks to you two! :)

o

Cyn, that price seems quite high to me. I'm guessing it won't get a lot of use in the guest bedroom? I found the one linked below on eBay for $449 or Best Offer. The seller has 100% positive feedback and the shipping is free. It has 4 legs rather than 6, but looks nice.

"The perfect bench for so many uses is this Louis XVI-style long vanity bench with a wonderfully comfortable, unstuffed seat. Crafted of sturdy oak and finely upholstered in authentic vintage French linen.

W40 x H18 x D15
Fabric: Vintage French Linen. Linen is hand-woven, each piece of fabric varies
Filling Layer, Foam & Fiber
Fabric Color: 100% Linen in Flax color
Fabric swatches available upon request

Price: $449"

Here is a link that might be useful: French Country Louis XVI Linen End of Bed Vanity Bench

o

My3dogs, you are amazing! Even though it is smaller, the bench you linked is very pretty. I bid (probably a little high) and got it. Should arrive in January. So excited. Thanks a million. You always come through with the best sources and ideas! I will let you know how it looks when it arrives!

o

Too bad it is out of stock here........
Same manufacture just different sites.
If you can wait 'till Feb might be worth it .

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.wayfair.com/Zentique-Inc.-Lille-Natural-Linen-Bench-B014-E255-A003-XWK1028.html

This post was edited by forboystoo on Fri, Dec 27, 13 at 22:44

o

I love the style you've shown but the price seems hefty. Ballard Designs has similar styles that are less expensive (see Marlow style at very bottom of page).

Here is a link that might be useful: Ballard Designs benches

o

Cyn427, the Ebay bench is lovely. Great purchase, congrats!

o

Forboystoo, I did see that one and didn't order because it was out of stock. I like it because it is made in Georgia. The one my3dogs posted looks to be almost exactly the same. Maybe it is the same manufacturer. Thanks so much. If I hate it when it comes, I will definitely try the Zentique one. I was hoping to get it before friends come to visit in January.

Thanks again to all of you!

o

Hilltop, thank you for the Ballard's suggestion. I did consider one of theirs-the Louis XVI-that was less than the Eloquence and which comes in a walnut finish and as I noted is 15% off right now. Were I not so impulsive (sigh), I would have waited for that one. I like its length. I am hoping the similar one I ordered looks as nice in real life. The one I ordered was less even considering the price reduction.

Romy, thanks.

I cannot tell you all how much I appreciate all your help, advice, and support! You are the best.

o

cyn, love the bench you bought! I was coming back to say that looks great and you should get it. Great find, my3dogs!!

o

Thanks for the vote of confidence, mamorella! I will post a picture when it comes. I am always so unsure when I can't see or touch something. Fingers crossed.

o

Check Amazon and Overstock both web sites have several and much better prices.

o

Thanks Aputernut. I did check those. I got the eBay one for a really good price, so I hope it works!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here