Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazydogs

Foot of bed bench

Has anyone ever purchased one of these benches (or anything) from Eloquence? Several online retailers have this bench and there are several local shops that can get it for me. I emailed the company and the response was delightful, so at least they have that in their favor! The furniture is made in Vietnam. US-made would be preferable, but I can live with Vietnam.

I like the look of these and haven't found any that are quite as lovely, although I am not a fan of the "shabby" paint effect. I figure that I can easily repaint if it is too much for me.

I want it for the guest room which I recently painted, etc.

Thoughts/opinions are welcome-positive and negative. Thanks all.

Comments (15)

• aputernut
    10 years ago

No but I made my own it's really easy to diy.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Aputernut, very pretty. I am always envious of talented people like you!

Mamorella, the price is $825 which I don't mind spending if it is a decent sturdy bench, but I hesitate since I don't know if it is. Ballard has a pretty Louis XVI bench. It is less expensive and 15% off right now, but it has an end of May ship date! :( no instant gratification there!

Sigh. What to do, what to do. I will probably dither and never get anything.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ballard Designs bench

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oops-meant to say thanks to you two! :)

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    10 years ago

Cyn, that price seems quite high to me. I'm guessing it won't get a lot of use in the guest bedroom? I found the one linked below on eBay for $449 or Best Offer. The seller has 100% positive feedback and the shipping is free. It has 4 legs rather than 6, but looks nice.

"The perfect bench for so many uses is this Louis XVI-style long vanity bench with a wonderfully comfortable, unstuffed seat. Crafted of sturdy oak and finely upholstered in authentic vintage French linen.

W40 x H18 x D15
    Fabric: Vintage French Linen. Linen is hand-woven, each piece of fabric varies
    Filling Layer, Foam & Fiber
    Fabric Color: 100% Linen in Flax color
    Fabric swatches available upon request

Price: $449"

Here is a link that might be useful: French Country Louis XVI Linen End of Bed Vanity Bench

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My3dogs, you are amazing! Even though it is smaller, the bench you linked is very pretty. I bid (probably a little high) and got it. Should arrive in January. So excited. Thanks a million. You always come through with the best sources and ideas! I will let you know how it looks when it arrives!

• 4boys2
    10 years ago

Too bad it is out of stock here........
    Same manufacture just different sites.
    If you can wait 'till Feb might be worth it .

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.wayfair.com/Zentique-Inc.-Lille-Natural-Linen-Bench-B014-E255-A003-XWK1028.html

This post was edited by forboystoo on Fri, Dec 27, 13 at 22:44

• hilltop_gw
    10 years ago

I love the style you've shown but the price seems hefty. Ballard Designs has similar styles that are less expensive (see Marlow style at very bottom of page).

Here is a link that might be useful: Ballard Designs benches

• romy718
    10 years ago

Cyn427, the Ebay bench is lovely. Great purchase, congrats!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Forboystoo, I did see that one and didn't order because it was out of stock. I like it because it is made in Georgia. The one my3dogs posted looks to be almost exactly the same. Maybe it is the same manufacturer. Thanks so much. If I hate it when it comes, I will definitely try the Zentique one. I was hoping to get it before friends come to visit in January.

Thanks again to all of you!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hilltop, thank you for the Ballard's suggestion. I did consider one of theirs-the Louis XVI-that was less than the Eloquence and which comes in a walnut finish and as I noted is 15% off right now. Were I not so impulsive (sigh), I would have waited for that one. I like its length. I am hoping the similar one I ordered looks as nice in real life. The one I ordered was less even considering the price reduction.

Romy, thanks.

I cannot tell you all how much I appreciate all your help, advice, and support! You are the best.

• theclose
    10 years ago

cyn, love the bench you bought! I was coming back to say that looks great and you should get it. Great find, my3dogs!!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the vote of confidence, mamorella! I will post a picture when it comes. I am always so unsure when I can't see or touch something. Fingers crossed.

• aputernut
    10 years ago

Check Amazon and Overstock both web sites have several and much better prices.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Aputernut. I did check those. I got the eBay one for a really good price, so I hope it works!

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County