Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amysrq

Alexandra Blue Slightly French Teen Bedroom

amysrq
16 years ago

Kabergs, this is for you! DD's room was "staged" this week and I thought I'd snap some pics before the rubbish accumulates again. It looks sparse, but that's because we're staging for sale. (Yes, I know, the room should be "neutralized" for sale....but we're not going there just yet!)

The blue carpet was chosen when DD was 8 and we've just continued to work around it. Walls were the PO's beige, then a pale green (blech!) and finally Alex Blue. Ceiling too. She wanted toile, but I was afraid that was too stuffy for an adolescent (almost 13 at the time.) So, we found this modern riff on toile for bedding (Tommy Hilfiger). The black design is velvet and it has not worn well.

The closet bi-fold doors were replaced with two fabric shower curtains (Echo) to which I added 5" bouillon fringe, at the top to cover the rod, and at the bottom because I "forgot" to measure and the curtains were too short. The pattern is a "World Capitals" sketch.

DD loves France so I had photos by Robert Doisneau, famous for capturing everyday city life in Paris, framed. I didn't hang them all that well...what a pain, trying to get them all in a row. Don't try this at home! The photo on the far wall is of Audrey Hepburn, probably in Breakfast at Tiffany's.

The bed is by Wesley Allen, an environmentally conscious manufacturer in California (Had to plug them....it's a great bed and made in the USA in a plant with one of the largest solar energy systems in the state.) The chest of drawers was my Grandmother's. The black and white check chair was found at the Kerbside Boutique. My upholstery guy took it down to the wood and recovered it for me. It is nice and small...not an easy thing to find these days.

Oh carp, I just noticed the chandelier chain is showing. It usually hides behind the lace panels from IKEA ($16 for four!!!) Oh well...

Comments (2)