Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Playroom: bookcase wall and built-in bunk beds same color?

Posted by threeapples (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 4, 12 at 11:40

I'm thinking to do the built in bunk beds in benjamin moore aganthus green. Should the floor-to-ceiling bunk beds on the opposite wall also be this green, or would white be better? The floor is dark oak and I'm thinking to do a light color like farrow and ball clunch on the walls. The trim is likely going to be BM china white. thanks for any input.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Playroom: bookcase wall and built-in bunk beds same color?

Have you seen this post on Built-in Bunk beds? There are actually 4 on this wall, but only 2 can be seen. The area is painted SW Warm Stone. '

If you Google the image, you'll find other built-in bunk beds with a similar paint finish.

I love the idea of a bunk room, and wish we had left the space over the garage accessible through the house so we could add them for our grandchildren.

Here is a link that might be useful: Built in Bunk Beds

o

that looks pretty. what do you think about painting the bookcase wall to match though? should the bookcases be the same color as the bunk beds?

o

I'm confused from your first post. What are you painting aganthus green?

If they are on opposite sides of the room, my vote would be to paint the bunk beds the green and paint the bookcases the same white as the trim, but paint the backs of the bookcase green to tie in with the bed.

o

I was asking if the bookcases and the bunk beds should all be agantgus green. Thanks.

o

My house, I would paint the bookcases green too. It will create a more comforting, cocoon-like space. If it were a public space (LR, Hallway, etc) I would do as geokid suggested.

o

Should I also paint the walks the green color, too?

o

I would do the walls the lighter color, like in the picture I linked.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here