Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
springroz

Not CL, but a find, IMO.....

springroz
9 years ago

DH was making a sales call last week, and noticed an old cart in front of an
"Antique" shop. We have a carriage shed FULL of antique carriages, so he stopped to look, mostly to find out the price, because we have one similar.

He poked his head in the door, and the lady told him to bring his DW by, and he told her, "oh, NO!!! My DH is NOT coming in here!" . She got the biggest kick out of it when I went by that afternoon, and told her my DH told me I could not come in there, so HERE I AM!!

I fell in love with this table, something I have been looking for for 3 YEARS....ans DH worked out a trade. I did not want the chairs, as they were the two bar back with the roses carved in the top. Not comfortable!

The chairs I am using are a pair I have had for 15 years. They have been in 10 different places in 3 houses!

Anyway, here it is....probably sideways, since I took it with the iPad !

Comments (22)

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Wow. Absolutely gorgeous. AND those CHAIRS!!!! I want a pair! Where did you get them?

• jjam
    9 years ago

A match made in heaven....love it. Like they'd been waiting for each other for years!!

• springroz
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, Tibbrix! I got the chairs at a furniture store in Houston.....I am drawing a blank on the name. Louis Shanks? I think they are Henredon.

This table was Hidden in the back corner, and covered with an ENTIRE 16 place set of china...I had to sit on the floor to see the base, it was SO packed in back there. I hoped The top did not have duct tape holding some chips of marble together, lol, because I could see so little of it!

• roarah
    9 years ago

Lovely! Oh how I would to have a spot of tea at that table. The chairs are perfect with it!

• springroz
    Original Author
    9 years ago

As a really hilarious bonus....we got an accordion, TOO! I needs some earplugs.....nobody in this house knows how to play!

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Oh my heavens, that is lovely. The table is an absolutely perfect fit with your wonderful chairs!

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

Gorgeous!!!

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Fabulous find, springroz :)

• LynnNM
    9 years ago

Ohhhh, such a beautiful table! I love the chairs you have with it. Love the entire setting! Still chuckling about the added accordion that no one knows how to play!
    Lynn

• graywings123
    9 years ago

And what a lovely location for the set! Well done!

• sprout26
    9 years ago

Love the story...and yes, we are all virtually sipping tea with you at your lovely find.

• Boopadaboo
    9 years ago

It is PERFECT! I love the whole room :) but especially that table, the chairs and the drapes. it looks like they have been there forever.

• cat_mom
    9 years ago

Perfection!

• springroz
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, everyone!

• schoolhouse_gw
    9 years ago

A little OT, but what style of carriages do you have? I have two - a wicker pony governess cart and a piano box or doctor's buggy. Haven't had them out in ages, don't have a horse or a pony but used to borrow the neighbors' pony.

Or by carriages, do you mean prams? : )

• TxMarti
    9 years ago

Gorgeous table! I can't believe that a) your dh went into the store on his own, and b) that he told you about it. Mine would have kept his mouth shut. lol

• nutsaboutplants
    9 years ago

Love the table, love the story and love the "bonus"!

• Sheeisback_GW
    9 years ago

That looks really lovely! Wow.

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    9 years ago

Ditto nutsabout!

• melsouth
    9 years ago

Perfect! Beautiful!
    I would smile every time I walked past it.

• springroz
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Schoolhouse - my carriages are horse drawn. I am jealous that you have wicker governess cart! Most of mine are antique. I have 3 that are modern, and get used all the time. The strangest thing I have is a cute spindle seat cart from Eastern Europe from the 1700's. I got it to be pulled by my German girls, but don't have the correct harness for it!
    This is 2 of the 3

• merrygardener
    9 years ago

Table + accordion! It sounds like a shopping trip I would make!