Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mldao

BM Sag Harbor Gray with soapstone counters (pics)

mldao
15 years ago

Hi All,

I had my kitchen painted BM sag harbor gray and it's finally completed. YEAH! I wasn't sure if I'd like how it turned out since I wasn't too happy with my choice of color for my PR.

I'm very pleased with sag harbor gray. Depending on the lighting it can look very beige/green or grayish/green. I took these pictures this morning and it's really bright out so I'm not sure if you'll be able to see any gray in it. It's a great color and really compliments my FR color which is BM jamesboro gold.

Comments (18)

• jlcjlr
    15 years ago

Beautiful! I hope you will have many guests this holiday so they can enjoy your lovely space in person. Please post some pictures with your non-holiday decorations too. Would love to see your colors and display arrangements. So many people think black and gray are cold or too contemporary. You did a fabulous job making your home welcoming and warm.

• msrose
    15 years ago

It looks great! That's how Wilmington Tan is in my house. Sometimes it looks brown and sometimes it looks green. I've wondered if all BM paints are like that.

Laurie

• dilly_dally
    15 years ago

I love the gray. I love your kitchen curtain in gray plaid. It really adds oooomph, yet is subtle. Nice.

• parma42
    15 years ago

Great color and it does seem to transition well.

With all the beautiful elements in your kitchen area, you didn't need a bold color, just a nice backdrop.

• pluckymama
    15 years ago

Perfect color for your gorgeous kitchen! Ties it all together so well and transitions beautifully into the family room color. Picked out my minas soapstone today (yeah!) and it should be installed next Friday! It looks a lot like yours, so thankyou for the closeup pic. Love your Christmas decorations :)

• mldao
    Original Author
    15 years ago

jlkjlr: Thank you for the compliments. Please remind me to post pictures of my kitchen after the holidays.

Laurie: All BM paints except Davenport Tan!! Why couldn't it have a green/brown undertone instead of pink?!?

dillydally: I had my window treatments custom made 8 years ago and it's still one of my most favorite fabrics ever!

parma42: Thank you, I'm pretty pleased with the end result.

pluckymama: Wow, you're fast! You won't be disappointed with the Minas. Please post pictures once your install is completed.

• pluckymama
    15 years ago

mldao, I just posted pics of my Minas over in the kitchen forum if you want to take a peak.

• johnatemp
    15 years ago

Mldao,
    Your kitchen looks gorgeous!! What a perfect color with your london shades, backsplash, & soapstone!! Perfection & just in time for the Holidays. Your home looks so festive.

Love it!

Smiles:)

• mldao
    Original Author
    15 years ago

johnatemp: Thank you so much. I really cut back on my Christmas decorations this year. I'm glad you think it's festive looking, my kids and DH are wondering why I'm only using half of my decorations. I had a late start due to soapstone install and painting that I don't have the energy to go all out. BTW, I showed a good friend of mine your MBR pictures and she's using it as her inspiration for her make-over in her MBR.

• User
    15 years ago

I really, really like it. It does go well with the Jamesboro Gold too. Your whole house is so pretty!

• susan209
    15 years ago

I'm loving it, it's so calm and tranquil....everything goes with it. You've done such a nice job with your rooms.

• mahatmacat1
    15 years ago

Very, very nice. I have a new appreciation for the BM Grays, after doing our interior recently. They're so changeable and subtle, and a non budget-busting alternative to the F&B colors I pine for. Beautiful rooms!

• IdaClaire
    15 years ago

Just lovely! You have such an elegant space!

• mldao
    Original Author
    15 years ago

sheesharee: You're too sweet! I can't tell you how much I like BM shelburn Buff in your LR. What a transformation! That's the beauty of paint.

susan209: Thank you so much. I'm hoping the calm and tranquil feel of the room will take over during the holidays and seep into my pores.

flyleft: How are you liking your BM grays? F&B is worth it if you're not like me. Someone who can make a paint decision and stick with it. I make Charlie Brown look decisive. BTW, I think I'm starting to embrace the pink either that or I'm getting high off the paint fumes.

auntjen: Coming from you this is truly a compliment. I know your love for colors and with that a huge THANK YOU.

• loribee
    15 years ago

It's beautiful! Great choice...

• mdc08
    15 years ago

Lovely! the color is great with the countertop!

• mldao
    Original Author
    15 years ago

loribee & mdc08: I'm so happy to receive such a positive response to my color choice. Thanks.

• pluckymama
    15 years ago

I think the mental telepathy of Flyleft saying "Embrace the pink, Embrace the pink" is doing it ;) It's actually a beautiful powder room, so if you are beginning to accept the very subtle pink undertones, be relieved it's one less room to have to paint.

Your kitchen paint, I just have to say again, is such a perfect choice with your window treatment and your dining table and of course, your soapstone. Even your clock looks better with the Sag Harbor Gray.