Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Designing for the "Big and Tall"

Posted by kitchendetective (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 28, 12 at 11:33

GardenWeb consultants, help me, please. I've been asked to find furniture for a friend of DS2. He needs one comfortable chair and a sofa bed. Here is the catch: he cannot afford custom made furniture and he is 6'7" tall and almost 400 lbs. Is this going to be possible?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Designing for the "Big and Tall"

When you say he can't afford custom furniture, have you looked at Decades Furniture? I ask because for couches they are reasonable and a lot of their couches have multiple seat depths available (I'm assuming this guy has long femurs). The 2 guys who own Decades are both big body builder types - like people you think would be in WWF based on their breadth and build.

Maybe he could look at their sofas and rethink the sofa bed aspect. An airmattress is usually more comfortable than a sofa bed in its bed-state. And an air mattress is easy to move from one apartment to another :)

o

Wow! Thank you! Had never heard of this source, and it's right in my backyard! (And the owner looks like DS's friend, to boot.)

This post was edited by kitchendetective on Fri, Dec 28, 12 at 13:10

o

Wasn't one of the owners of Decades Furniture on HGTV for a while? I can't think of the show but I know I've seen him on a decorating program before

Jennifer

o

Oops, guess I should've checked out the website a little more.

I read their profile and it does say Roger was part of "Sell this House" on A&E.

Jennifer

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here