Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Diameter/style of drapery rods and finial for this room

Posted by Scarlett001 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 1, 12 at 11:30

When I painted my house (you can see the Ivoire issues in my other post), I took down the old silver curtain rod in the kitchen. I need to buy a new curtain rod even if I paint again, as this window is sliding door with neighbour's window looking right in at my kitchen. We are talking about the big sliding door window that just shows up in the very right of the photograph.

I am going with oil-rubbed bronze to match the kitchen light. What diameter of actual curtain rod would you choose (1 inch or perhaps even larger??)? What shape of finials might suit this space (more round, more square in shape etc.)?

Thank you for any thoughts!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Diameter/style of drapery rods and finial for this room

I don't know where the photo is that you are referring to, but I think it is a matter of personal preference, and somewhat determined by the visible 'weight" of the draperies. Heavy velvet drapes would have chunky rods, a set of sheers would have a thinner rod.

The shape of the finial could reflect the style of the furniture. Or just be a shape that you like.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here