Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

this year's Christmas wreaths

schoolhouse_gw
9 years ago

This year I made wreaths for the kitchen, pantry, and bedroom windows on the East side of the house where the original schoolhouse windows still exist in one way or another. My plan was to stick to "plain and simple, less is more" to match the garland I made several years ago on top of the Hoosier cupboard. I bought the plain grapevine wreaths but then couldn't help browsing the many goodies at Pat Catans and ended up with some artificial pine and berry tip all-in-ones. Great I thought - they'll last a long time like this.

Well, I had gathered pine cones at home and at a neighbors and as soon as I got that glue gun out my plans for "less is more" went out the window (no pun intended). What I ended up with was pretty but not my vision! So I decided to do the reverse side of the wreaths in my original design - just sprigs of fresh boxwood and some little artificial red berries. That way, the wreaths will have a nice face out of the window plus I can switch them around different years if I wish. Sorry the photos are a bit dark you can't see much detail.

Oh, and each has a battery operated candle that flickers. I had bought candle holders esp. to use with wreaths but turns out the base of my candles were too big for them. So I just used wire and fashioned a holder. Works ok.

Kitchen window:
{{gwi:2140958}}

Bedroom window:
{{gwi:2140959}}

Pantry window:
{{gwi:2140960}}

Another pantry:
{{gwi:2140961}}

Another bedroom:
{{gwi:2140962}}

Comments (9)