Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Merry Christmas & why I love storm doors!

Oakley
11 years ago

The upper window comes down with an invisible screen.

Nothing beats a storm door when it snows! Merry Christmas! Other pet pictures welcome. :)

{{!gwi}}

Comments (11)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    11 years ago

Lol. Absolutely. One of our dogs always likes to lie in front of the door and watch all the goings-on...squirrels, birds, neighbors, and of course, dogs. One morning, there was a young opossum there. I believe it quite confused her! Cute pic!

• Oakley
    Original Author
    11 years ago

What I like about these doors is when a stranger shows up unexpectedly. My two large dogs run to the door and bark their heads off. I've seen grown men back up 5 feet. LOL.

It's nice to have that extra protection of the door.

Boone loves to lay on the tile cooling off and checking out the goings on outside.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    11 years ago

Yep, same thing here as far as strangers. I never tell them the pups are really sweetie pies! Just wish they would quit barking at poor Felipe, our mailman!

• patricianat
    11 years ago

Thank you for sharing. I am most fond of purring babies.

Our back door is French door without the panes, and has shutters that fold back, and that is a favorite place for our furry baby. He daydreams of catching birds, playing in the rain, getting lost in the grass and plants and just running away from home on many days.

• gsciencechick
    11 years ago

We have a neighbor kitty who loves to annoy our cats through the storm door and windows. My large kitty especially hates him. I think the owners are keeping him more indoors due to complaints from others. We installed this fancy perch for the front windows. It took them a little while to figure out they could actually use this to see out. This photo was just taken a few weeks ago before we put up the decorations.

Patricia, we have french doors with the blinds between the glass, so we will leave the bottoms with some space so the cats can look out at the birds and squirrels.

• patricianat
    11 years ago

That's a cute perch. Kitties can travel, kill prey, and live in their own little fantasy world from a perch like that.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    11 years ago

Love the kitty pic, gsciencechick and very funny about the annoying cat that yours especially hates. That is a wonderful perch!

Oakley, here is Annabel in one of her favorite spots looking out the door.

• jakabedy
    11 years ago

Well, mine aren't utilizing the door as intended, but three of them are sitting and being good at one time. It was a Christmas miracle! So I'm sharing the photo.

Tango, Jax and Poco:

Presto wouldn't play along, so got his own photo:

• DLM2000-GW
    11 years ago

We've got too much wind goin' on the last few days to leave our door open - there's only so much a storm door can do!!

cyn427 that is so cute, like she's waiting for Santa!

jakabedy those dogs are precious - and that is a miracle!!

"....Kitties can travel, kill prey, and live in their own little fantasy world.." LOL!!!!

• Oakley
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh Cyn, she's darling. I had a cat named Anabel.

I'm an equal lover of cats and dogs, but this is a doozy of a cat saying I read long ago.

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." ~ Anonymous(e)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    11 years ago

LOL. So perfect (purrfect? Groan, sorry).