Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barbwa

Restring and hang roman shade (top down-bottom up)

barbwa
9 years ago

A squirrel got into our house while we were gone. In its attempt to get out, it chewed through all the cords on one shade, severing all 6 cords completely so that the shade fell to the floor. The shade itself does not appear to have any significant damage. The top rail and associated rollers and guides are intact at the top of the window.

I can easily order more cord online, but restringing this top down-bottom up arrangement seems pretty complicated. I have looked online for some guidance but haven't found anything that fits the configuration. Most videos,etc. are for just bottom up or for cellular shades. This shade is not held up by anything other than those cords.

I would prefer to pay someone a reasonable fee to come out and rehang it, but it seems that the blind people just do measuring, ordering and installation of whatever they sell. If I have to do it myself I would definitely need some serious and specific guidance.

The shade is made by Bali, probably purchased from Lowe's by the previous owner of the house. It would cost me about $200 to replace the shade, which shouldn't be necessary, anyway. See attached picture for the shade. Any ideas on getting this rehung?

Comments (2)