Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What do to with an angled window RE: drapery rods

Posted by jenfur427 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 27, 09 at 10:02

The house that we're building has 3 windows in our bedroom. They are close together, with a 45 degree angle between them. Not sure if I'm explaining this correctly. The only picture I have that somewhat shows what I'm talking about is from the model home. It only shows one half of the window, but I'm sure it'll explain it better than I can.

Photobucket

And from the outside.

Photobucket

I don't know if you can tell from the model home picture, but the windows are really close together, where I can't have three separate rods.

Now, I've made the drapes, planning on having an angled drapery rod. Please tell me that there is a cheaper option than what I'm finding online? I would need two of these angled hardware, but I'm not too excited about spending $70 after shipping for both of them.

So what are my other options? I was thinking I could buy wooden rods and cut the angle in both sides that would equal a 45 degree angle. But then I'm stuck on how to attach each side to the other.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ebay drapery rod angle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What do to with an angled window RE: drapery rods

You might look for angled PVC pipe connectors. They are white, but you could spray paint them to match the rod.

Here is a link that might be useful: 45 degree angled PVC

o

Check out Country Curtains. They have two or three corner connectors in various colors. And it's a lot easier to do returns than Ebay.

I had a similar situation in a bay window, but the windows had fantastic molding. So I used tension rods inside the windows and let the molding frame the curtains.

Here is a link that might be useful: Country Curtains

o

Yes, I was going to mention Country Curtains as well. I have ordered from them many times. They have quality products and their service is fast, friendly and reliable. Also, if you have questions, call their customer service people. They can offer a lot of assistance for problem window areas.

o

Try Antique Drapery Rod compnay out of Texas. Calico Corners sells their stuff, and they are currently going to an all special order system, and are selling of their in-store stock. I picked up several of the pieces you need (I have a bay window), which are angled connectors. If they don't have it, you can order from CC or directly from the maufacturer online. I have owned ADR hardware for many years, and it is excellent quality. I prefer it to the quality of the Country Curtains products.

Here is a link that might be useful: Antique Drapery Rod Company

o

jenfur, JCP has similar rod anglers as do country curtains.

o

Bed Bath & Beyond also carries bay window rods.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bay Window Rod

o

I got these from Lowe's or Home Depot.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here