Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rockybird

Al Beadle midcentury courtyard home

rockybird
9 years ago

I love what the owners did to this house. I think they did just about everything right.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/5222-N-34th-Pl_Phoenix_AZ_85018_M17544-14895?row=4

Comments (11)

• palimpsest
    9 years ago

I linked it.

I think they did a great job for the most part.

Too much lighting and the furniture and some of the newer fixtures are a bit on the flashy side, but the overall architecture is great.

Here is a link that might be useful: Al Beadle

• crl_
    9 years ago

What a nice house. Thank you for posting it!

• awm03
    9 years ago

Wonderful house. I wonder how hot the courtyard gets in a Phoenix summer? Thanks, rockybird, that was a pleasure to see!

• sprout26
    9 years ago

That is stunning! I love the glass bathroom countertop, one question for inquiring minds: are there window coverings? if not, how does one sleep/dress etc?

• palimpsest
    9 years ago

Yes, the house appears to have recessed-into-the-ceiling roller shades on some windows in some rooms : if you look at picture #27 in the upper left hand corner you get a view of one.

This post was edited by palimpsest on Thu, Dec 11, 14 at 16:04

• rockybird
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for posting the link pamplisest!

I think I remember seeing this house for sale a couple yrs ago, and these people did a great job of remodeling it.

I also have a Beadle house, although not as nice as this one.

What do you all think of the tile choices and the master bath? Does it bother you to walk through the closet? It doesnt bother me. My ma ba needs to be gutted and I'm thinking of following what they did as I have a similar layout.

Do you see the large ceiling AC returns? Is this so they could eliminate the soffits carrying duct work?

I do like the hidden blinds!

Thanks for the comments. :)

• palimpsest
    9 years ago

I think it looks like they covered what would be the entire face of the soffit in custom lengths of linear grate.

I actually prefer the polished concrete and slightly more "organic" feel of your house.

• rockybird
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks pamplisest. :) I actually dont have polished concrete. It is an overlay and I will have to cover it with tile eventually. I wanted polished concrete but because of the multitude of tile types the previous owners had put down, it would have looked very busy due to ghosting. The grout lines apparently bleed through.

I prefer minimal grates to coating the entire soffit with greates. I was thinking that they were able to minimize/cut back the soffits by widening the grates.

• palimpsest
    9 years ago

I would probably use an Extra Large Format tile that is very thin and slightly flexible like Kerlite when you do your floors

Here is a link that might be useful: Kerlite

• voila
    9 years ago

Modernism is not my forte, but I certainly appreciate the aesthetics of this beautiful home. Rockybird, I think your house exterior is more interesting than this house. Can you tell me what all those square cut-outs on the ceiling are? I think your pool will be a fabulous feature for your home. And I too have to walk through a hallway with walk-in closets to the bathroom. Think nothing of it.

• rockybird
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks pamlisest and voila. That tile is exactly what I was thinking of using. It does say it's for walls and exterior cladding but I bet they have some for floors. I like the snow color.

I like the idea of the bathroom in the back because in my house it puts it farther away from the living room and bedroom so the shower running and toilet flushing are not as loud as otherwise.

Voila, you are so observant! I dont know what those squares are. Maybe a sprinkler system or air ducts?

The pool is now a linear rectangle and is already looking better! They are pouring concrete. They say it will take 6 weeks to finish. I think the pool is last.

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!