Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debo_2006

My interesting deal of the year CL story

12 years ago

I enjoy reading about everyone's CL finds so thought I'd share my latest one.

I bought 2 solid wood, USA made, mint condition, swivel bar stools on CL for $25 total. I wasn't looking to buy but they were an attention grabber so I inquired immediately to the just posted ad. I picked them up last night. I was curious to know more about them, as in, what they really cost only b/c they look expensive, and who the manufacturer is. I searched on the Internet to see what I could find since the person I got them from was selling for the BF (remodeling kitchen) and didn't know anything. There's no identifying labeling on them. I found the exact ones on a stool site online and they sell for over $740 each (list is over $1K - what?). I called them and got the manufacturer's name and looked them up online as well. Turns out, they are from a very upscale manufacturer Mikhail Darafeev Inc. whom I've never heard of and could never afford their goods.

These chairs are customizable with wood, fabric and base plate upon purchase.

The stools, while not exactly my style, but still attractive and obviously eye catching to me, will work perfectly in our basement game room or extra seating at the kitchen island during social gatherings. They're comfy as h*ll too; moreso than my office chair.

I've bought some great deals on CL, but this one appears to beat them all. Not sure who in their right mind would spend even close to that kind of money on a stool, but, I didn't, and that's all that matters - LOL.

Here is a link that might be useful: manufacturer

Comments (5)