Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

Holiday Greetings

Annie Deighnaugh
11 years ago

Each year, I make my own holiday card from one of my photographs and I write a haiku to go with it. This year's photo was taken in my yard just after Winter Storm Alfred as we referred to last year's Halloween storm.

I wanted to share it with all my new GW friends, and wish you all an abundance of joy, prosperity and good health in the coming new year.

In Winter, ice reigns
Snow, the landscape designer
Water heralds Spring

Do any of you make your own special cards to share? A friend of mine has gotten into water colors and makes her own card every year which I so look forward to receiving.....

Comments (16)

• bestyears
    11 years ago

Wow Annie, what an artist you are -would LOVE to receive a card like that in my mailbox! Thank you so much for sharing it with us....

• mitchdesj
    11 years ago

thank you Annie , your picture is beautiful; I also wish you all the best for 2013.

• awm03
    11 years ago

What a fabulous photo! Your haiku is delightful too. Thanks so much, AD, for this little bit of seasonal cheer.

Your friend makes individual water colors for her cards?! Oooof, that is time intensive. Wonderful to receive one, though, I'm sure.

• livvyandbella
    11 years ago

So gorgeous! I love it!!

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    11 years ago

wish you all an abundance of joy, prosperity and good health in the coming new year

The same to you, Annie. Lovely photo, incidentally.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    11 years ago

awm, oh no...she paints a watercolor and then has it reproduced to make her xmas cards....not an individual card for each person.....sorry if I gave the wrong impression...

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you bestyears, mitchdesj, awm, livvyandbella, and writersblock. Much appreciated and appreciate all your participation in these threads. I'm so thankful that people here are so generous with their time and their ideas.

• teacats
    11 years ago

You are so talented! :)

A truly gorgeous photo -- and just a wonderful poem! :)

All the very, very best during the Holidays -- and in 2013!

• bronwynsmom
    11 years ago

Perfectly lovely, Annie.

May the season be as peaceful and soul-renewing for you and your family as that lovely scene is for all of us. Thank you for sharing it.

• outsideplaying_gw
    11 years ago

Very nice, Annie! I love both your photo and the haiku. I used to take the time to sign and address our cards in calligraphy, but sadly I'm afraid I don't do that anymore. I need to keep up the practice but with all the computer-generated fonts these days, it's almost a lost art.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you teacats, B, and outside playing.

I'm so jealous of anyone who can do calligraphy...I struggle to keep my handwriting even legible, esp as typing on the computer has replaces almost all of the pen and ink variety.

• bethohio3
    11 years ago

Happy holidays to everyone.

I'm taking a break from my projects to start preparing for New Year's... So many of you have been so helpful and encouraging to me these last few months--and I'm looking forward to showing off some of the new decor to the houseful of guests for New Year's weekend!

• User
    11 years ago

I am not gifted at photos or painting but just had to throw this one in (just in case LOL) Stolen from the net some where.

• bronwynsmom
    11 years ago

Ah, yes...it's always doomsday somewhere in the world!

Too funny.

• DLM2000-GW
    11 years ago

What a lovely card and wonderful tradition to do that each year! I'd love to see what you did in years past.

• texanjana
    11 years ago

Beautiful, and I love the Haiku. Thanks for sharing.

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus