Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Holiday Greetings

Posted by AnnieDeighnaugh (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 19, 12 at 9:40

Each year, I make my own holiday card from one of my photographs and I write a haiku to go with it. This year's photo was taken in my yard just after Winter Storm Alfred as we referred to last year's Halloween storm.

I wanted to share it with all my new GW friends, and wish you all an abundance of joy, prosperity and good health in the coming new year.

In Winter, ice reigns
Snow, the landscape designer
Water heralds Spring

Do any of you make your own special cards to share? A friend of mine has gotten into water colors and makes her own card every year which I so look forward to receiving.....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Holiday Greetings

Wow Annie, what an artist you are -would LOVE to receive a card like that in my mailbox! Thank you so much for sharing it with us....

o

thank you Annie , your picture is beautiful; I also wish you all the best for 2013.

o

What a fabulous photo! Your haiku is delightful too. Thanks so much, AD, for this little bit of seasonal cheer.

Your friend makes individual water colors for her cards?! Oooof, that is time intensive. Wonderful to receive one, though, I'm sure.

o

So gorgeous! I love it!!

o

wish you all an abundance of joy, prosperity and good health in the coming new year

The same to you, Annie. Lovely photo, incidentally.

o

awm, oh no...she paints a watercolor and then has it reproduced to make her xmas cards....not an individual card for each person.....sorry if I gave the wrong impression...

o

Thank you bestyears, mitchdesj, awm, livvyandbella, and writersblock. Much appreciated and appreciate all your participation in these threads. I'm so thankful that people here are so generous with their time and their ideas.

o

You are so talented! :)

A truly gorgeous photo -- and just a wonderful poem! :)

All the very, very best during the Holidays -- and in 2013!

o

Perfectly lovely, Annie.

May the season be as peaceful and soul-renewing for you and your family as that lovely scene is for all of us. Thank you for sharing it.

o

Very nice, Annie! I love both your photo and the haiku. I used to take the time to sign and address our cards in calligraphy, but sadly I'm afraid I don't do that anymore. I need to keep up the practice but with all the computer-generated fonts these days, it's almost a lost art.

o

Thank you teacats, B, and outside playing.

I'm so jealous of anyone who can do calligraphy...I struggle to keep my handwriting even legible, esp as typing on the computer has replaces almost all of the pen and ink variety.

o

Happy holidays to everyone.

I'm taking a break from my projects to start preparing for New Year's... So many of you have been so helpful and encouraging to me these last few months--and I'm looking forward to showing off some of the new decor to the houseful of guests for New Year's weekend!

o

I am not gifted at photos or painting but just had to throw this one in (just in case LOL) Stolen from the net some where.

o

Ah, yes...it's always doomsday somewhere in the world!

Too funny.

o

What a lovely card and wonderful tradition to do that each year! I'd love to see what you did in years past.

o

Beautiful, and I love the Haiku. Thanks for sharing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here