Is it typical that stairs, railings, front door, and French doors for den would be stained the same color (to match hardwood floors). Seems like too much of the same but painter said this is what most do. The balusters are black iron ore and the risers are white.
|We have cherry woodwork in our library, dining room and staircase and we stained it all the same color. The color came from our kitchen cabinet maker...not that that had to match, but I liked the color on the cabinets so much, I used it in the rest of the house. However our front door is mahogany so we made no attempt to match it, though the stain is about the same tone as on the cherry.|
|As someone with cherry stained oak floors and a light oak staircase I would say, stain it all the same! I'm trying to be happy with the mix of stains, but it is not working. :)|
|I like the stains to work well together but not all the same shade if that makes since. In my last house I had various shades of pecan threw out the house in trim floors I was happy with that for many years. In this house I will have various shades of red mahogany|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here