Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beverlyfladeziner

X- Post LaundryRm - Review of Bosch Nexxt Washer Dryer

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/laundry/msg1208292915113.html

If you have the Bosch Nexxt 700 washer dryer combination, I'd love to hear a review of their performance and your experience with them.

Thanks in advance.

This post was edited by beverly27 on Mon, Dec 15, 14 at 8:49

Comments (6)

• User
    9 years ago

I have an earlier iteration of the Nexxt set and they look exactly like the ones you posted. The washer has its own water heater for the special cycle that is called "Kids' Care" on my washer. I think it was meant primarily for diapers originally, but perhaps they changed the cycle name because the kid nomenclature seemed limiting to some customers? Our washer does 1000 RPMS in the spin cycle, clothing is almost dry when it comes out of the washer. Later versions of this do 1300 and more RPMS. We have had our set since around 2006. It has performed well, is used constantly, and is **the** workhorse in our stable of appliances. We use the kids care cycle for muddy clothes from the creek (DH breaks down beaver dams to keep the water flowing and the mud is like stocky glue) or for heavily stained items or anything that needs sanitizing. We chose not to buy the drawers because for some reason I really dislike drawers under WDs. The front controls on the slanted panel are very convenient, particularly when adding bleach. We do leave the door open after a wash to prevent mildew from forming on the seal but I think that is a common (and good) practice for all front loaders that are airtight. The dryer is more temperamental than the washer, the lint chase needs to be cleaned frequently and ours isn't that long a vent to the outside, so I'd be careful of that. The drying sensor is placed in a rather odd place next to the door but that may have been corrected in later models.

I've been very satisfied with my set of Nexxt and when they need replacement will buy another Bosch product.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

I have had a terrible experience with my Bosch set, now 3 1/2 years old. This is a secondary sat outside of our master bedroom. Which brings me to the point number one, they're noisy. The dryer hasn't been working correctly for I think about a year now. I think every single component individually has been replaced over the past year ...my repair man actually took the unusual step of loaning me a dryer while he took it to his shop to try to figure out why it still doesn't work. He got it to work in his shop but when he brought it back it didn't work in its location in my house. Then he switched the basement dryer with the dryer the basement. Our basement dryer worked in the spot next to my master bedroom but the Bosch didn't and didn't work in the basement either at this point is totally confounded. We have resisted the temptation to simply replace it because we didn't want to put it in a landfill and you can't really don't need an appliance that doesn't work.

The good news is, recently our clothes washer by bosch stopped working. It shuts off midcycle. One of the things holding me back from replacing my dryer w Meile with the fact that it wouldn't match but now I think I'm just gonna replace both of them. I would never buy a Bosch again

• carriem25
    9 years ago

My Bosch Nexxt set is 10 years old and I have loved it. We live int he country and water usage was our primary concern when I purchased them. I recently had the drain pump on the washer replaced, but any other problems I have had with the set have been self inflicted (Bobby pins are very hard on washing machines, LOL).

I am sorry to hear mtnrdredux has had problems - mine have been great.

Carrie

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    Original Author
    9 years ago

kswl - You will be disappointed to learn that Bosch no longer makes anything but 'compact' washers and dryers now, so I don't think a Bosch is in your future. http://www.bosch-home.com/us/products/compact-washers-dryers.html

mtnrdredux So sorry to hear of your issues with the Bosch. Were these the Nexxt 500 or 700 series because I have read of many problems with the 500 series. I'm surprised at the noise of your machines because many others have described the machines as very quiet.

• User
    9 years ago

You may be right, Beverly, because the smaller machines (the site says the size of a standard dishwasher) would probsbly HAVE to sit on those drawer thingies to be more accessible. In terms of capacity, seems the loads are about 2/3rds the size of a regular washer and we might be ready for that if DS2 is out of school by that time and not home for protracted vacays :-)

My Nexxt series is 300. I bought them on sale because the new ones were being introduced. Glad I did not spring for the then-newer model!

• bpath
    9 years ago

I have the 300 washer, it does a great job of cleaning eveything. As stated above, problems have been self-inflicted (little pencil stubs in pockets,stays left in collars). We leave the door open, but should have done so from the beginning because the gasket stained within the first couple of months,

We have the 500 dryer, it's been trouble-free, very happy with it.

Sorry to hear they make only compacts now, bummer.