Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for a specific size storage basket

Posted by nziegler (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 2, 12 at 8:17

I have cubbies built into my mudroom and I would love to find a certain size wicker or rattan basket to fit in them to store hats, gloves, etc. I am finding that it's near to impossible to find baskets with the dimensions that I want. I am looking for 16-17" wide, 10-11" deep and about 9" high. I did find some that were just about that size, but they were made of a seagrass and I do not think that they would hold up to everyday use. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for a specific size storage basket

I would look at wood storage. The baskets just don't take the abuse and dirt....from experience.

Run an image search for storage box/cube. There are a lot of places that sell them and a lot in your size.

Also Hobby Lobby, Michaels and the container store. They usually have a half price sale. I know HB will order in sale items if they do not have enough of what is needed. I bought wood storage boxes with metal sides to replace the baskets.

o

You might try contacting this woman. She makes baskets and will do custom order sizes, and at very, very reasonable prices, from what I�ve seen. I have been admiring her work and thinking about having her make some special sizes for our house.

Here is a link that might be useful: 1803 Ohio Farm Baskets

o

I have 3 overhead cubbies in my mud room and these from walmart fit nicely for me. They are canvas over metal frames...perfect for storing hats, gloves and scarves....and they have a space for labels on the front. The handle on the front makes them easy to grab as I am not that tall a person...

Here is a link that might be useful: Bins

o

I found some baskets at Home Goods for my laundry room cubbies, and they held up well to regular use. I did glue a piece of felt to the bottoms so they wouldn't scratch the cubbies. I had to go to both Home Goods and Marshalls to get enough of the same size, but since they're owned by the same company, at least the baskets were the same.

I've also found lined baskets with wood handles at World Market and their size assortments are quite good. The ones I got there are just slightly smaller in length than what you describe needing. but the linings haven't held up to washing very well, so I need to make new liners for them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here