Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Interesting site

Posted by yayagal (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 4, 12 at 5:51

I came across this via a blog. It shows individual decor items in a high price and then a look alike in a lower price, very very interesting. Take a peek, I got up to page 24 and stopped. It goes on forever but I've bookmarked for later reading.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hi Low items

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Interesting site

Super site! I'm amazed at how many times, I prefer the look of the low end product over the high end....

Thanks!

o

I really enjoy links posters send us. This one is a given to enjoy (with time). And try a search, I ended up with 4,000 hits on the site, with one word.

Looking a bit further, many of the design copies are from DIY blogs too. A good thing. They went beyond for all options of affordability and interest.

I don't think anyone here has mentioned the deer, bull, etc. heads that are showing up. There were 3 in the first pages. Is this a new "thing"?

Thanks for posting the site.

o

Thank you so much for the link, yayagal! I love it!!

o

Great site!

o

Gosh.
Interesting for many reasons.

Sometimes, it appears that retailers at different levels are selling exactly the same product at differing prices.

Sometimes (often, really) the lesser price thing lacks the grace and proportion of the pricier one.

Sometimes the two look alike, but you can't tell if the fabric or the construction is very different.

Sometimes the materials are not comparable (nickel vx. aluminum, for example).

And sometimes the cheaper one is prettier. But to my eye, not very often. The papier-mache stag heads are a good example, I think. The first one is far more graceful and elegant in proportion and attitude than either of the others...the third one is creepy!

I wonder how many of the cheaper things are unauthorized counterfeits, and how many are speedily copied knock-offs like the clothes that appear moments after Fashion Week?

I have to stop now...I'm cross-eyed!

o

What a great site to get project inspiration, thanks yaya!

o

Glad you all like it as much as me.

o

That's addicting!!! Thanks for the link...... I think!

o

Yes, looks addiciting so I pinned it for later or I'll be lost in High Low land for an hour.

Thanks yayagal!

o

Awesome site...and addicting! Also I think some of those animal heads and animal theme remind me of the blog young house love.

o

Thanks for the link!

o

Great site--thanks for sharing!

o

Thanks for the site. I figure I will be on here all day now!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here