Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
grayish sage paint

Posted by yayagal (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 12, 12 at 1:36

Does anyone know of a light to medium gray paint with sort of sage undertones. I was asked to choose one by the morning and I'm exhausted as I got home so late. I'd appreciate any suggestions and I'll get up early and check them, thanks if you can help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: grayish sage paint

Check out Benjamin Moore "Grant Beige", more of a greige with a greenish undertone.

o

BM has dry sage, gray mirage is the lighter version...or more gray would be creekside green with the lighter version horizon gray.....a little more olive would be camouflage with the lighter version old prairie.

Gray Mirage

Horizon Gray

Old Prairie

o

Valspar Frappe and Ben Moore Coastal Fog

o

This is Gray Mirage. It is a light sage green with gray undertones, at least in my house.

o

This is Grey Mirage in my kitchen. I was expecting more of a grey, but in my light is's really more of a grey green. . .probably also influenced by the Rosemary Sprig oven stack. Wasn't sure I like it at first, but love it now.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

I just picked up BM Creekside Green and BM Gray Mirage to sample in my home.. both look to be great gray-greens.

In fact, as I stood at the counter waiting for my samples to mix, I saw a poster showing featuring a couple of colors.. one of the colors was an awesome gray green that I decided I must try too. I walked over to see what it was so I could have him add it to my order.. it was the Gray Mirage. :)

Hope one of them works for you!

o

Another beautiful green/gray that is subtle, yet fresh is BM October Mist.

o

We choose Gray Mirage,the couple are thrilled with the color and it compliments their red tone oriental and their drapes plus the furniture is antique cherry so it looks fantastic. I can't thank all of you enough. I'm keeping these colors in mind as I plan to have my family room painted this winter and I've fallen in love with the green undertones which reflect the woods outside.

o

IF you are looking for something darker, Nantucket gray is very nice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here