Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
purrparlor

Help me find this floral rug!

annkathryn
10 years ago

I'd love to have this rug or something similar in my living room.

I've done google image searches and have scrolled through a few hundred rugs online.

Any ideas?

Contemporary Family Room by Toronto Interior Designers & Decorators Meredith Heron

Comments (32)

• User
    10 years ago

Do you want those particular colors?

I'll look more, but this is slightly similar (comes in three colors:)

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.menards.com/main/sterling-home-and-patio/outdoor-decor-accessories/outdoor-rugs/terrace-collection-floral-outdoor-patio-rug-9-x-13/p-1921505.htm

• User
    10 years ago

Another... similar, colors are closer....

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Vibrant-Beige-Multi-Floral-Rug-8-x-10/5981383/product.html

• busybee3
    10 years ago

check out grandin road... i remember their catalogs showing lots of florals..... at least they did a couple of years ago...

• cat_ky
    10 years ago

The ad for that picture says this 'Dream Home Hd - Houzz
    www.houzz.com/ideabooks/query/dream-home-hdâÂÂ
    248 ÃÂ 248 - 'We loved the area we lived in so much that when we saw a for-sale... contemporary .... Highland HD-2840 Navy Area Rug I got it online from BuyAreaRugs.com. I did a search for Highland HD-2840 area rug, and the one that come up is a totally different color,

Here is the link to where the rug was purchased.

Here is a link that might be useful: area rug

• williamsem
    10 years ago

I saw one that looked just like that last night looking at the clearance rugs online at Home Depot! I remember it because I stared at it for a few minutes wishing I had a place to use it.

Sorry I don't have a link, I'm running late getting ready for work at the moment. Go to the website, then go to the Saving Center and click on the carpet picture. I remember it being pretty far in.

• annkathryn
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for your help everyone, I appreciate it.

I should have been more specific on what I had in mind. I'm thinking bold, bright, large format floral, high contrast, light cream background, with oranges and greens.

I have a creamy white leather sofa. Here's an orange throw pillow similar to what I have now:

I've got a small swivel chair in this fabric - the overall effect is more neutral than bright:

lolauren the 3 in the first link weren't quite the right colors. I saw that 2nd one last night and thought it too yellow & red, not enough orange. Thanks for the Menards link as it helped me find the other two options below.

busybee3 I'll take a look at Grandin Road, thanks for the suggestion.

cat_ky I took a look at the site you linked, but didn't find anything similar.

Williamsem I took a look at the HD site, didn't find anything but will check out Lowe's as well.

Both of these rugs are getting closer, but the background colors seem a little dull to me.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• kellienoelle
    10 years ago

This one is pretty and looks like it would match that pillow and ivory leather well (on my screen at least)

• Arapaho-Rd
    10 years ago

annkathryn,

I was going to recommend contacting the Meredith Heron design firm. I just went ahead and did it.

They said it's a $21,000 rug made of wool and silk and available through them directly, if you are still interested.

Hope this helps!

Here is a link that might be useful: Meredith Heron Design

• annkathryn
    Original Author
    10 years ago

kellie that one's not bad - from Target?

*THUD*

That's the sound of me falling out of my chair at the price of the original rug. It was really nice of you to contact Meredith Heron, araphao. Thank you. But Oh. My. Gawd. Were those Canadian dollars maybe? Even so, that's about $1000/square foot. Maybe I could buy a square foot at a time over 21 years? DH had guessed $3000, revised up to $6000 when I asked again. He was speechless (and he really really likes this rug).

• MiMi
    10 years ago

I saw one that looked almost exactly like this at the Home Depot in my town. I thought it was beautiful

• Arapaho-Rd
    10 years ago

I inquired about the "Trickett Family Room" rug, in case you want to double check with them.

I understand the THUD because my exact response!

• satine_gw
    10 years ago

My sister bought one very similar at Pier One. Hope that helps.

• annkathryn
    Original Author
    10 years ago

dbfirewife I can run by HD sometime in the next week or two and see what they might have in stock.

arapaho I think you got the right rug. The living room rug was around $14,000 if I remember the post on Houzz correctly. DH is still stunned.

satine I looked online at Pier One, can look in the store as well.

• kellienoelle
    10 years ago

annkathyrn - I found it on www.boldrugs.com, brand is Momeni. They actually have a few that fit your color scheme on their website that are a bit more budget friendly than the *gulp* rug that is the price of a car. Of course they aren't wool/silk, but on the positive side even if you want the most expensive on their website, your husband will think it is a bargain in comparison. You could toss in some jewelry as a reward for saving so much money!

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.boldrugs.com/Momeni-Summit-Sand-SUM8-rugs.html

• geokid
    10 years ago

I was just at Pier1 today and saw some bright florals that I thought would be perfect for my SIL's home, and they remind me a lot of what you are looking for. Look at the Lazy Daisy, the Orange Floral, and the Suzani Floral. They are much more lively in person than in the pictures.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pier1 rugs

• amykath
    10 years ago

I found this at Home Depot Online. It is quite similar to the one you posted. Hope this helps!

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Depot Rug

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Hmmm...let's see...$21k....rug or new car or European river cruise....rug or new car or European river cruise...

Decisions, decisions!

• foodonastump
    10 years ago

Agreed, AnnieD, your typical $21K car is hopefully perfectly functional but unlikely anything special let alone much of a prized possession three years down the road, a European river cruise is over as soon as it's over save for some memories and photographs. Compared to those, a rug sounds like a much more reasonable investment.

• zkgardner
    10 years ago

Have you see the Shaw " al fresco " rug in cream? It looks similar I think. Here's the picture and you can find it on Amazon

• zkgardner
    10 years ago

The colors are a little more muted in person ( I have this in my living room).

• annkathryn
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thanks for posting, mrsfireman. That's a really bright rug! Do you happen to have a picture of it in your living room?

• zkgardner
    10 years ago

I can take one for you this weekend, were in the process of moving so its in our storage. I won't have any coordinating furniture in the picture but ill gladly take one of the rug for you!

• michoumonster
    10 years ago

annkathryn, i was just at homegoods in search of a rug for my living room and saw these rugs and thought of your post. what do you think? not sure what size you are looking for, but i thought there were a bargain at $149.

• annkathryn
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi michou, thanks for keeping an eye out for rugs for me! I don't think the red one will work but the one with a tan background might be an option. I think I need at least a 5x8. I'm out of town this week but can run out to take a look when I get back.

• sjhockeyfan325
    10 years ago

How about a white background?

Here is a link that might be useful:

• michoumonster
    10 years ago

Annkathryn, it was no problem since i happened to be looking for myself also. i thought the greenish tan one was nicer too. the red is a bit too bold IMO. i recall they were 6x9. this was in the san carlos location if you end up going, but other locations might have more selection. i just ordered a trellis rug on overstock and am crossing my fingers it will work (overstock is currently having a 15% off sale on rugs btw). DH is glad to no longer be rug shopping with me, lol. happy shopping!

• williamsem
    10 years ago

Saw this today and thought of you...

Here is a link that might be useful: Rug option

• annkathryn
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for your suggestions, sjhockeyfan and williamsem. I think one issue is that I'm trying to match - or at least not clash - a fairly wild chair that I currently have. It's a very bright green, as you can see from the picture below (in the living room during renovation of the house).

• mydogDaisy
    10 years ago

This one is very close to the rug in the first post and it matches the green chair.

Here is a link that might be useful: colorful rug

• annkathryn
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks mydogDaisy, I like it!

• peginmd
    10 years ago

Today's Josh & Main has a few rugs that might complement your room and chair. Right off the top of my head -- Leonora or Julia might work. HTH

• annkathryn
    Original Author
    10 years ago

peginmd I think it was the Julia rug that mydogDaisy linked to above, which I liked. The only issue is that these rugs can't be returned. Has anyone bought from Joss & Main before? How's the quality?

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County