Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tamstyles_gw

help with glam room/office

tamstyles
15 years ago

Hi All,

I am doing a glam room and I am clueless as to what color to paint the walls. Should I put a rug down? I have pictures on my blog, and would appreciate all the help or comments I could get. I am new to the decorating scene and I want to do this right. I can put an outfit together with no problem....but home decor....a bit more of a struggle..

http://getitgirlstyle.blogspot.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Get it girl style

Comments (11)

• newdawn1895
    15 years ago

You seem to like black and white. You could do the walls a natural color (a no color such as putty or light gray). Then bring some furniture in there covered with a zebra print with some modern lamps. You also like pink, why not throw that into the mix. It could work.

Or do the walls a putty color and put overstuffed white furniture in there. And add a a zebra rug in the shape of a bear rug. Add more mirrors than pictures, since you love glamour.

• brutuses
    15 years ago

I don't know what to tell you as far as putting the room together, but looking at the items on your blog, you have the right idea and have picked out some very pretty things. I think newdawn has given you some very good tips to get started. Once you get a few things in place we can better give you some feedback.

• msrose
    15 years ago

Oh, this is going to be such a fun room to decorate. If you want something calm, you could use a gray and tan/gold on the walls. If you want something with a little more pizazz, you could use a blue or even pink on the walls like some of your pictures on your blog. I noticed some of them used kind of a tiffany blue, but I'd like more of a soft blue.

Laurie

• brutuses
    15 years ago

If you are considering a blue, I have one that I used in my master bedroom in the house I'm building. I plan on decorating it in a glam sort of way. Not as glam as yours though. It's a silver blue and has a high light reflective quality. Sherwin W. makes it, but I had mine mixed by BM. The SW name is Misty SW632. I don't have a good photo of it. Here is a blurred one.

• mahatmacat1
    15 years ago

For fun, go look at "glam bath" or something like that (search for those terms) in the Baths forum. Pharaoh knows how to do it :)

• ttodd
    15 years ago

I think a wall color like BM Silver Fox is very elegant and glam. It sort of reminds me of mercury glass.

• threedgrad
    15 years ago

I would do a silvery blue gray that is reflective. Make sure you post pics when you are done.

• maggiepie11
    15 years ago

oooh fun!!! i just did our bedroom with a twist of "glam." I had to walk the line so it wasn't too girly for my husband. :) So my room probably isn't as edgy as what you're looking to do, but maybe there's something helpful in the pics?

The wall is a pale gray with lots of blue undertones. The bedding is obviously black and white toile, and I accented with tiffany box blue, which could easily have been hot pink if I didn't think that was taking advantage of my husband who lets me have free rein in decorating. :)

I used lots of mirror-finishes, and french-looking accessories. I saw a chandelier type print at home goods, but the color scheme was wrong, so I got a canvas and painted my own in the right colors. i actually did all the art in the room, including dipping those 2 candles in glue and martha stewart glitter and adding the same glitter on the shoe/hatbox painting and a piece of black marabou feather boa to the shoe! :)

i hope you are able to post pics when you're done glamming it up!!

• newdawn1895
    15 years ago

Why do people post questions on here and never respond back?
    Well, it is Christmas and I guess people are busy.

• msrose
    15 years ago

maggiepie - What a beautiful room! My favorite part is the black and white chair with the chandelier lamp behind it. What color paint did you use?

Laurie

• mitchdesj
    15 years ago

maggie, great job, your room is so well done.