Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
olivesmom_gw

Help ID'ing this PB paint color

olivesmom
10 years ago

This was in a recent PB catalog, but I already threw my copy out. Anyone have a catalog handy, or does anyone happen to know the color?

Comments (15)

• olivesmom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just looked at their website and I'm guessing that is is SW Distance or maybe SW Dutch Tile. Can anyone tell for sure?

• mlweaving_Marji
    10 years ago

If they're using a paint from their own collection at Sherwin Williams my guess would be that it's SW 7025 Backdrop

Here is a link that might be useful: Backdrop

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    10 years ago

Based om my monitor, I'd agree with Marji, seeing the palette linked bellow.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pottery Barn Seasonal Palette from SW

• Elraes Miller
    10 years ago

Gosh do I like the decor and especially the color. Am not a color person on GW. But it looks gray/green on my monitor.

Here is a link for Pottery Barn colors in their catalog. You enter all information possible and it will list the paint colors used.

Here is a link that might be useful: PB catalog colors

• Elraes Miller
    10 years ago

Forgot to add that the information does require having the catalog. Hopefully someone can help fill in needed info on the link.

• localeater
    10 years ago

This is a link to the online catalogs that you can page through.

Here is a link that might be useful: potterybarn

• kellienoelle
    10 years ago

That pic is on page 71 of the Nov 2013 catalog, but when you plug that into the color finder, it doesn't pull it up. But I also agree that it looks like Blackdrop

• Elraes Miller
    10 years ago

Link is to a living room which appears to have the same paint color. They describe it as it as a gray wash/stain and not a solid color. Which makes sense since both the entry and living room have wood walls. Depending upon your wall finish, I would enlarge the photo and take it to SW for help. Apologies for posting so much, but both the rooms are wonderful and pushing the creative environment in my head.

Here is a link that might be useful: Living room

• _sophiewheeler
    10 years ago

That look is more about the warm wood tones of everything else against the cool, and the LIGHTING for the catalog shoot. It will be much darker IRL unless you get a lighting designer involved and significantly upgrade your home lighting.

• phiwwy
    10 years ago

i would call pottery barn and ask customer service to be perfectly sure! or go to your paint store, they have pottery barn brochures with paint colors listed.

• olivesmom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone for your help! With the catalog info provided by Kellienoelle I will call PB and see if I can get an answer.

I find it funny that some of you think it might be backdrop, that color looks taupey to me whereas this mystery color is blue/grey. Maybe it is a computer monitor thing.

I'm wondering now if it might be SW smokey blue.

• mlweaving_Marji
    10 years ago

Definitely a computer monitor thing then. I see absolutely no blue in that wall pictured above. On my monitor it's a taupey-grey.

Do come back and let us know. Although I think others here may be right in that it's not paint at all but stained wood.

• beekeeperswife
    10 years ago

Certainly take a look at all the SW-PB colors that are close in your own space. Remember that the room was professionally photographed and the lighting they are using is not "real-life" lighting.

Happy New Year!
    Bee

• Bunny
    10 years ago

Ordinarily I'm not into gray on walls, but that gray backdrop for all those warm woods is a delight to behold.

• 4boys2
    10 years ago

Finding the paint name will not guarantee a match so I thought I would throw some names for you to check out.
    To me it appears to be a paint wash.
    This one is SW Urbane Bronze..

Sponsored
WellCraft Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars61 Reviews
Virginia’s Full Service Design-Build Remodeling Company