Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chispa

Have you used these online fabric stores?

chispa
10 years ago

I'm ready to buy some fabric and have been looking for the best prices. I found this website www.plus20design.com and they price at wholesale plus 20% which is lower than most other fabric sites. No mention of shipping costs. Has anyone used them or heard anything about them?

The next best site was www.myfabricconnection.com and they were around wholesale plus 25% for the fabrics I am interested in. Free shipping w/orders over $200. Any reviews/experiences with this site?

Comments (5)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

I've not ever ordered fabric on line as I'm a touchy-feely person and want to see it in person, feel the weight, stretch it out, play with it against other fabrics, trims and such...full fabric immersion shopping.
    ;)

• sergeantcuff
    10 years ago

I haven't ordered from either of these but did have some bad experiences with other, discounted fabric sites. I wasted several weeks ordering and receiving samples, only to find out that they didn't actually have the fabric. Apparently they wait until they get an order, and then they see if they can get it. So I'd get someone on the phone and ask some pointed questions.

• chispa
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Annie, I've done all that at the Pacific Design Center here in LA. The major to-the-trade showrooms there have no problem with mere mortals walking around! I photograph what I'm interested in and then order my own samples on line. I've picked my fabrics, now I'm price shopping.

Maureen, even the main showrooms don't have any of their own fabrics! It took about 3 months to get a Lee Joffa fabric that was ordered directly from them. None of these companies keep large inventories of individual fabrics. If you happen to order as they ran out of yardage, then you have to wait months till the next run is manufactured.

• Jamie
    10 years ago

I chose to order a Robert Allen upholstery fabric from the Robert Allen website. I had samples sent to me to experiment with. In the case of my fabric, you could get samples from Joanne or directly from Robert Allen. The website direct price was better than any I found elsewhere, including Joanne with coupons and all the other fabric selling site.

• dotnichols
    2 years ago

I recently used myfabricconnection and was very pleased. I wanted to order a Duralee fabric but it was discontinued. I tried two other websites but they emailed me to say it was discontinued and they could not ship. Myfabricconnection not only got me my order but John continued to email me with updates. WOW, no one does that today. Price was competitive but I would have paid any price as I had to have that specific fabric.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm