Sat, Nov 28, 09 at 22:48
|The paint is still drying in my dining room and I am already forging ahead to my living room...LOL...I am thinking about doing a chair rail in there that is higher up on the wall at about 5' high that is made of a shelf. Below is a picture that I found on the internet of what I am looking to do but having trouble finding moulding like this. Does anyone know what this is called when a shelf is used for a chair rail?|
|I've heard that it's called a 'Plate Rail' ... at least, that's what I called it when I did one years ago. |
|That is several types of molding used to make that shelf. If you print off the photo and take it to a lumber yard or big box store, they can show you the different types that went into it.|
Return to the Home Decorating Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here