Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bosegirl

This bedding & wall color--will they work?

bosegirl
11 years ago

Bed is espresso if that helps.

Paint is BM stonington gray

Bedding is lavender

Comments (13)

• bosegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Bedding...

• yayagal
    11 years ago

They can work if you bring in a third color to make it cohesive, probably a cream tone. Use it in the drapes, throws and accessories. I would use cream shams on the bed instead of the deeper violet. Can you see how it would work if you make it more subtle?

• bosegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I was thinking of using white or cream curtains. Could do cream throw pillows too. Carpet in room is white if that helps.

• yayagal
    11 years ago

Yes, I love the bling of your mirror, perhaps you could do some lamps with similar bling like mercury glass or mirrored finish on a few small items. Different values of cream can make it even more interesting. Then I'd bring in some items that have a soft moss color for accessories. Go to Houzz.com and check out lavender bedrooms.

• Olychick
    11 years ago

Wow, is that gorgeous!

• caminnc
    11 years ago

Sorry, IMO I don't think the lavender works but your room is beautiful.

• chardie
    11 years ago

What's not to work? Lavender and gray is a classic combo, IMO.

• Fredneckchick
    11 years ago

I like the look of the colors together. I love the ideal if adding something else to the room like another color or two. I can see the look your going for with the colors there is so much you can do with that mix.

• bosegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

WHOA WHOA...that is NOT my room! Sorry that as misleading, I had a pic copied of Stonington Gray on the wall so I used that. SORRY FOR THE MISLEADING PIC!

That is the gray I want the bedding I want to order.

Before it was BM Sea Haze and white bedding....I really can't wait to just figure this out and start! LOL :)

• tfm1134
    11 years ago

I agree with chardie. They are perfect together and agree that a cream color would work wonderfully with the lavender and grey

• yayagal
    11 years ago

Okay so we start over, take a look at this video for some excellent advice and close to what you'd like to achieve. The part that makes this room sing is the draperies that add the extra oomph. Hope you like it.p.s. notice the hint of lavender in the room, I love that.

Here is a link that might be useful: bedroom in gray and cream and white.

• caminnc
    11 years ago

My monitor is showing stonington gray with more blue undertones than IRL. Looking at my fan deck I take back my original opinion. I think the colors will look fine together. Have fun with your project.

• lazydaisynot
    11 years ago

I like the combination very much.