bbstx

In case you need centerpiece inspiration

bbstx
9 years ago

From James Farmer

Comments (25)

• nhb22
    9 years ago

If we were having Thanksgiving at home this year, my dog would be right up there on top of the table, too. :)

In fact, my pup looks very similar to the table centerpiece.

This post was edited by newhomebuilder on Wed, Nov 26, 14 at 22:23

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    9 years ago

Hey, I have a fox on my table! Greenery will be added tomorrow.
    That is too cute, newhomebuilder!

• nhb22
    9 years ago

Bumble - That's a beautiful fox! Is it brass?

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    9 years ago

Thanks! I think it is aluminum with a silver plating. I've had it for years.
    Actually, I, ahem. just goggled aluminum fox and it came up. Andrea by Sadek. My mother used to have collectibles from them. ( am I officially old lady now?)

I have wondered who made it but I bought it at a furniture store, no label.

• nhb22
    9 years ago

Ooooh...silver (colored) is even better. Very pretty.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

• Oakley
    9 years ago

Love the brass fox. The stuffed one, not so much. lol. I don't have a picture but I have two gold Partridges on my DR table.

• kswl2
    9 years ago

Love Bumble's fox but two thumbs down to taxidermy on the dinner table!

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Does a stuffed turkey count as taxidermy?

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

No way could I enjoy Thanksgiving dinner with a taxidermy fox on the table staring at me.....ugh!

• bbstx
    Original Author
    9 years ago

If you don't like foxes, how about another James Farmer centerpiece using a stuffed beaver and duck.

• redcurls
    9 years ago

Gag............

• j0nd03
    9 years ago

Good Lord! Dead animals don't belong on the dinner table unless they have been cooked and are about to be eaten *barf*

• Bunny
    9 years ago

That is truly disgusting. And some folks need smelling salts at the thought of people sitting on kitchen counters.

• Olychick
    9 years ago

My little fox isn't on the table, but enjoying a Thanksgiving dinner under the birdfeeder (eating seeds, not birds - usually) in my garden.

• bestyears
    9 years ago

WHO in the WORLD thinks that animals killed for sport and then stuffed and displayed on a table is appropriate for a centerpiece?!?!?! I hope I'm never present at such a dinner because I wouldn't be able to eat a bite!

• badgergal
    9 years ago

This little fox wanted to come in to my house for Thanksgiving dinner but I didn't let him in. Now I see that he could have been the centerpiece.

• kswl2
    9 years ago

What a beautiful picture, badgergirl!

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    9 years ago

Wow, that is fantastic, badger! I have never seen a fox here except as roadkill although I live in the country.

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

One year we had a mama fox and three baby cubs on our property. They were awesome. The cubs could run as fast as a bullet. It was fun watching them play.

I love animals. I found this darling pig at a local gift shop last week and had to have him as a centerpiece.

New home your sweet little pup is adorable.

Love your fox visitor Badger.

Bumblebeez I love the fox on your dining table.
    Edited to add and subtract text.

This post was edited by holly-kay on Fri, Nov 28, 14 at 10:48

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

HK that pig is awesome. What an eye you have for spotting it.

• violetwest
    9 years ago

aww, foxes are so cute.

I have known people who are very into hunting, and very, very proud of their expertly taxidermied trophies. I think it's weird, but people do a lot of weird things.

• Christy Bell
    9 years ago

badgergal - that is a great picture! Would love to see a fox that close up.

I'm not a fan of stuffed animals on the table. I like the brass/silver/ceramic ones, but an animal looking at me while I'm eating just doesn't seem like it would be the greatest thing. I'm just saying. Oh, and we hunt too, but those heads stay in the barn :)

• badgergal
    9 years ago

I live in a fully developed suburban area so it was a surprise to see that fox on my porch. It makes me wonder what its life story is.

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Badger, I live in the country so foxes are normal here but my DD lives in the suburbs with little to no open fields close by but one night when I was leaving her house a fox ran across the road in front of me. I guess as people move closer they learn to adapt.

• bestyears
    9 years ago

badgergirl, that's got to be one of the healthiest looking wild foxes I've ever seen! Sure you aren't slipping him a few tidbits?

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022