Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
finallyhome_gw

Help Me Choose A Rug

finallyhome
9 years ago

I posted this before but couldn't find the thread. So here goes again. The first picture below is my inspiration. I call it casual/rustic/modern. The options below the inspiration are the best matches I could find. Please give me your opinions and choice for a rug.

# 1

# 2

# 4

Comments (22)

• msrose
    9 years ago

1st choice - rug #1
    2nd choice - rug #4

• indygo
    9 years ago

I agree with msrose. Love both 1 and 4. Not crazy about 2 and 3.

• jlc712
    9 years ago

I really like your inspiration room! I like all the rugs except #2. My favourite is #4.

• surya55_gw
    9 years ago

#4 it is for me as well.

• Jackie Kennedy
    9 years ago

I say Opt #4 as it most resembles the inspiration pic. Although the same can be said for Opt #1 as well. For me it boils down to how easy the rug is to care for (eg...shedding) and how good it feels on my feet! Great choice of rustic and exotic.

• lizbeth-gardener
    9 years ago

At first glance i picked #1, but the cut off design would bother me, so #4 gets my vote.

• Sheeisback_GW
    9 years ago

Nice inspiration photo. In order, I like #1 best and then #4. Next #3 and I don't care for #2 for the room.

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

No 1# because it comes closest in colors to your inspiration pic. Also, with #4, the "action" , i.e. th main designin the middle of the rug, would be hidden under the bed.

• amykath
    9 years ago

#1 is my fave. It is very close to your inspiration rug. #4 would be my second choice.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    9 years ago

Does the fiber of the rug influence your selection?

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

For a bedroom? Get wool, for sure.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    9 years ago

Though you picture didn't really do it justice, now that I searched and found Rug #2 on line which is wool and hand knotted, I think it comes the close to the tribal appearance of your original inspiration photo.

This post was edited by beverly27 on Sun, Nov 30, 14 at 9:25

• finallyhome
    Original Author
    9 years ago

On my old thread someone suggested that I do a search for "tribal" rugs and stated that I would have a difficult time locating one. That turned out to be true.

The reason this one was included in the final options was that it was very neutral and over time it would be easy to add in a different color in the room.

So Beverly, which would you go with?

• finallyhome
    Original Author
    9 years ago

BTW, thanks everyone. I am determined to get something done this weekend.

• finallyhome
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh, and what size do you buy? My bed is queen size.

• sombreuil_mongrel
    9 years ago

#1 looks like a fragment because it hasn't got a traditional border. I like the colors, it's sort of a henna brown. They design them like fragments now to break free of tradition, make it more arty/abstract?
    #4 is a nice rug, it's wool; is it handmade? It is the only one you picked with that muted olive green color.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    9 years ago

Finallyhome, because this is important and a big expense, I would recommend you do what I suggest to most of my clients. Purchase the smallest available rugs offered and check it for color and quality. Then order the one that works best in your bedroom and send the smallest rug back to the vendor. This will save you money an aggravation in the long run.

However, in doing some searching on-line, I've discovered that both rugs that everyone seems to favor are from Momeni, but perhaps the color rendition of the 4th rug is not correct in your picture. I went to the Momeni website and captured these images and close ups. The wool rug is way more colorful than depicted originally. You may want to double check my info.

Here is a link that might be useful: Momeni Encore Collection

• schoolhouse_gw
    9 years ago

I don't think I've ever seen a rug placed under the bed quite like that. Would it extend beyond the bed on the other side as well? I like it. Gives me food for thought.

Altho I might get a larger one so that so many feet of the rug extends out in front (at the foot of the bed) as well. But that is only because my floors there are not in as good as shape as the inspiration pic. Otherwise I'd like to try the other way. Thanks for sharing. Oh, and I vote for rug #2.

• finallyhome
    Original Author
    9 years ago

You guys are so helpful.

I had noticed that on some sites even though the description of # 4 has "Black", it sometimes was more red in my opinion. I was going to take the chance, but think I will pass on this one. (I'm not one for returning things. I know myself. That rug would be here this time next year with me not being happy.)

Regarding #1, on the view Beverly showed, it appears to have more sage/green then I want. So that is out.

That leaves #2. I am embarrassed to say I don't know where I got it. Couldn't seem to link back from either Pintrest or Photobucket.

Beverly, can I trouble you to provide the name and/or link.

• Mike121
    9 years ago

I would prefer 1 and 3. The color blend is amazing. Moreover the medallions and motifs are precise and more captivating than others. However all are good!

• kswl2
    9 years ago

I like #1 and #2. The others have gold colors, which imo destroys the neutral palette feel of the inspiration pic.