Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best place to buy area rugs--online or otherwise?

Posted by gmnolen (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 12, 11 at 20:52

We are replacing the carpet in our master with hardwood. However, I would like an area rug so my feet will land on something soft when they hit the floor each morning. Any ideas/suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best place to buy area rugs--online or otherwise?

Hi, I have purchased items from homedecorators . com. They have lots of rugs. I am currently looking as well, their prices are very good. Not sure if your looking for high end. They are owned by Home depot so their customer service is good, not a fly by night operation so you dont need to worry about online ordering. Ive had good luck with potterybarn also, have 2 rugs for 6 years now and the ones from homedecorators held up for over 10 so far. Horchow and Macys have online rugs too. Sometimes your local carpet stores have rugs also, and today I was looking at pier one and homegoods. Not finding just what I want. I may just go get a precut short pile area rug until I find just what I want. Its a low cost alternative til I find something thats just right. Good luck to you.

o

RugsUSA
HomeDecorators
Overstock (found out some of the HomeDecorators rugs are on Overstock)
JCPenney
RugandHome (Carolinas-based brick & mortar & online)

o

If you do order online, make sure you're ok with shipping charges both ways, should you need to return a rug. (Some online companies do offer free shipping.) I'm out close to $60 in shipping/return costs on a small rug I recently ordered from Homedecorators.com for my bath. What they sent to me in no way resembled the rug pictured online, and I'm miffed at having to eat the costs. I'm much more cautious about online rug ordering now.

o

Good point, Auntjen. The JCP rugs I ordered I was able to return to the store for no charge (also had free shipping promotion), but the one from RugsUSA that shipped free to me I had to pay $30 return shipping. I got a return label and had to drop it off at a UPS store. The other ones were from a store about 45 min away, so I did have to eat some gas money doing rug trials.

o

Linda Dano has some nice rugs on QVC. The prices are great! I bought one for the dining area in my kitchen. It sees LOTS of action and is holding up great.

Here is a link that might be useful: Linda Dano Rugs QVC

o

I purchased amy bulter rugs from http://www.domesticmodern.com, I got free shipping. I would use again.

o

I have bought all of my handknotted orientals on ebay. Awesome deals, great quality, unlimited choice. You cannot get color accuracy but I have not been disappointed.

o

I've gotten them lately from Overstock and been very happy with the quality price and service.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here