Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scanmike_gw

Which green for bedroom

scanmike
14 years ago

I got the painting bug. I just finished my dining room and living room and since I am on a roll, thinking about repainting my bedroom. I have a color similar to Svelte Sage in there now (BM Fernwood) but want something deeper in the green family. Thinking of dry sage, Olive branch, Providence olive. Any favorites of the three? Photos appreciated. I don't want a muddy color, just deep and cozy.

Comments (14)

• amysrq
    14 years ago

My fave is Farrow & Ball Vert de Terre. I am on my second bedroom in this color. It is everything you want...deep and cozy. Not muddy but just a tad moody. Mmmmm.....

• haley_comet
    14 years ago

To me nothing beats Olive Branch especially in a bedroom I think it would be so beautiful.

Haley

• scanmike
    Original Author
    14 years ago

moody is good, but it looks a tad like my present color. Looking for a bit deeper. Haven't got a paint swatch of Olive Branch, so will check it out and see which goes with my present bedding best.

• sewwhatsnew
    14 years ago

I like BM Olde Salem Gray, it's not talked about much on the forum, I like it better than Olive Branch, which was too yellow green for me.

• redbazel
    14 years ago

I would love to see a photo of the Olde Salem Gray, as well as another view of Amy's Vert de Terre.

Red

• User
    14 years ago

I have samples of Old Salem Gray and Providence Olive. Also have a sample of Hancock Gray which is another green color to look at. I used Olive Branch in my kitchen area after seeing photos of Monablair's pretty house.

I'll take some photos later of the colors. The shots I have on this computer I'm not 100% sure which color is what of the samples due to poor renaming. If you're looking for more of a green I see more in the Olive Branch and Hancock Gray. Olive Branch does have more of a yellow green. Of course lighting really makes a difference.

• amysrq
    14 years ago

Shee is right. What my VdeT looks like in my bedroom (in an admittedly crummy photograph) has little to do with what it will look like in someone else's bedroom. Light makes the difference. But, I can say that VdeT is a clean green. Even in the lowest light, it does not get muddy. In bright light, it doesn't get out-of-hand-bright either.

Another fabulous green is Ellen Kennon's Ashen Green. Again, a clean color. It is greyed down but doesn't go yellow. I love green, but olive is not my fave. This photo was taken professionally and looks very bright. The great thing about Ashen Green is that it reads a dark, library green in a low-light situation, but it isn't actually all that dark.

• User
    14 years ago

Ack! I just remember about this thread and how I said I'd post photos! With Thanksgiving and everything I totally forgot. Making myself a note to do that. Sorry! :( I know it bothers me when someone doesn't follow through.

Did you make any decisions?

• sewwhatsnew
    14 years ago

Red, Here's Olde Salem Gray, in our previous home. I loved it,
    yes it's more olive than Olive Branch, which might not be what your wanting.
    {{!gwi}}

• ttodd
    14 years ago

Are your wheels turning yet Red :O)?

• redbazel
    14 years ago

Busted.

Yeah, DD is thinking of moving piano out and Dad's office in. If we do that, then, I plan to repaint. She got all excited over Quincy Tan 2 years (or more) ago and painted that in her study. I have never liked it at all.

Love the Old Salem Grey, and the Vert de Terre photo is much prettier than the color chip suggests...

Red

• User
    14 years ago

I'm really late to post these but here they are.

I currently can't find my Hancock Gray sample... :(

L-R
    BM Old Salem Gray, BM Providence Olive
    {{!gwi}}

• boxerpups
    14 years ago

Some greens to consider.

Minister Green Benjamin Moore

Great Barrinton Green Benjamin Moore

• newdawn1895
    14 years ago

Here's Olive Tree by Ralph Lauren.