Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dominos123

Master Bedroom plans - what color is this?

domino123
10 years ago

I know monitors vary, but if I were to mimic the wall color in this photo, what color would you choose? I'm terrible at choosing colors from a palette and I can't tell if this is a taupe or a grey or something else.

This is for my master bedroom, and my room is similar to the pic in terms of the furniture hue as well as the Pottery Barn 'Caroline Paisley' bedding as shown.

I really need to brighten up my walls. They are currently painted Pratt & Lambert Bay Rum - a beautiful color, but too dark for this north facing room, and the adjoining hallway is P&L Popcorn from the same color palette.

I have a lot of warm paint colors in my house, mostly yellows (1920's English Tudor), so I could go with either warm or neutrals.

I'm also considering an accent color on the wall behind the headboard (yay or nay?), possibly in a mossy color to coordinate with the green color in the paisley bedding. ??

I thought an accent wall might help make my room appear larger (bright colors draw the wall forward, cool or neutral pushes it back?? I forget the general rule).

I included some of my own shots of the paisley fabric both with and without the flash on my camera so you have an idea.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH