Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arlene_2007

What color is your kitchen?

arlene_2007
16 years ago

I'm curious what color is everyones kitchen? i'm thinking of painting mine, but not sure what color. im kinda liking terra cotta colors...

Comments (120)

• patricianat
    16 years ago

reeree, just a thought about cabinet interriors. I have found wonderful fabrics that i used on the interiors of my cabinets to line them and highlight what was in there. Wal-Mart has a fabric glue spray stuff that you can use to apply them. I am sure fabric stores have it also but I found my fabric at Calico Corners on a Sunday and came home with fabric in hand, loving what I would do next week and a neighbor had some that she had purchased from Wal-Mart, so when hers rand out, I just went to Wally World and got another can. I do love having interior cabinets painted or fabric'd. Just adds a lot of "umph" to the millwork, IMHO. I have been wanting to change the fabric out in my dining room cabinets and have a %off for Calico Corners, so I might be there before day's end. Can I get all this done before Christmas and decorate the house, trim the tree and cook a meal? I don't know but I am going to try.

• totallyblessed
    16 years ago

gorgeous kitchens. So glad to see the inspiration, as our kitchen is still just a dream.

littledog~ too funny! :o)

• natesgramma
    16 years ago

Ben Moore Saybrook Sage

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

patricia
    I love the idea! Do you have pictures of your fabric? Do you use florals? I will have to look into that..I love calico corners (almost had a job there last year, but didn't fit in with the kids..) :(
    I am up for ideas for fabric! Love to see yours
    Ree

• Meghane
    16 years ago

Wow, I don't know which I enjoy more, the kitchen pics or the critter pics! Beautiful homes and families.

Here's my tiny kitchen. The pic is from Winter Solstice last year. The chili pepper wreaths do not live on the cabinets year round, nor do the lights stay up all year, but the wreath on the backsplash behind the stove stays. The towels are my Solstice colors- fuschia and lime green.

Behr paints
    Cabinets: Roasted Pepper (I sense a theme here :)
    Walls: Miner's Sun (a discontinued color, but I had thankfully saved the paint codes from 8 years ago)

{{!gwi}}

• pamghatten
    16 years ago

Cobalt Blue ... Benjamin Moore "Blue"

{{!gwi}}

And here's Bailey drinking out of the Dogs bowl, and Lily walking away.

{{!gwi}}

• patricianat
    16 years ago

Pamghatten, how is that bowl incorporated into your island? That looks neat!

• alex9179
    16 years ago

I've wanted an orange-ish kitchen for years. I thought for sure I would paint my current one in that color family, but the light in this house isn't kind to orange. maybe next time!
    This is Valspar color-I can't find the name. It looks pretty cobalt, but it actually is a deep greenish blue. The beast is one of my babies, Riley.

• redbazel
    16 years ago

I actually like the Buttered Yam the best for your kitchen. It looks good with your cabinet color.

Red

• bonniee818
    16 years ago

Mine is Lowe's Eddie Bauer Amber yellow. Link below if you wanna peek! Everyone's kitchens are so very pretty! Thanks for all the inspiration on this thread!
    Bonnie

Here is a link that might be useful: Bonnie's kitchen

• decor64
    16 years ago

Mine is BM Hillside Green which I just love! Sorry, no pic.

• msrose
    16 years ago

bonniee - What a gorgeous kitchen! Did your cabinets come that color or did you paint them? Just wondered what color you used if you painted them?

Laurie

• flattie_2008
    16 years ago

No pictures since I'm just finishing the painting, but I've got 2 greens:
    BM Aura jojoba
    BM Aura croquet

• bonniee818
    16 years ago

Thank you Laurie! My cabinets were painted by the painters when we built 3 yrs ago. I was moving out of an "old" home that was high maintenance so wanted white cabinets & went with SW extra white. I thought they would mellow & age alittle of their own later. Thanks again for your sweet note & I am having fun seeing all these kitchens in every color!
    Bonnie

• zipdee
    16 years ago

My boys think all your kitchens look absolutely *delicious*! :) Kitchens = food = unadulterated Basset joy!

• DYH
    16 years ago

The painters are here right now painting our kitchen white. It had been SW Celery, but it just never looked right to me but it was a last minute decision during our build two years ago. The white is just amazing with the sage cabinets! Very happy!

Cameron

• reno_fan
    16 years ago

zipdee!!! Your Bassets are gorgeous. I have a rescue Basset girl that I adore. No better kitchen accessory than a sleeping animal, IMO!

• zipdee
    16 years ago

Reno Fan .. I'd love to see a picture of your beautiful Basset! I bet she's a sweet girl and a great friend! :) They are the best dogs.

Both of our boys are rescues too. Rider (red and white ) we adopted as a puppy. He belonged to a younger couple that was gone all day, so he'd sit and howl. The neighbors started to complain, so they had to give him up. Kirby (tri-colored ) was found wandering on the streets half starved and brought to the human society, we adopted him from there. Our vet said he was about a year old at the time, so almost the same age as Rider. Both our boys are almost 5 now, they're 'momma's boys' .. I can't imagine life without them. :)

All the kitchens here ( and kitties and dogs ) are just beautiful! We will hopefully be starting our kitchen remodel after the holidays and I hope it turns out half as nice as the ones pictured above!

• sholt576
    16 years ago

My favorite things... cats and paint colors.

We went with the bottom color which which is BM color 110. Sometimes I lie and say it's spiced pumpkin (which may be the color right above the chair rail), although its true name is starfish or, as the paint card says, 110.

Here's my old friend.

• cind11
    16 years ago

Sammi2, how old is your kitty? He looks sweet. Love all the pretty colors in everyone's kitchens. The pumpkin color you have is really warm and inviting.

• reno_fan
    16 years ago

Zipdee, here's Bella. I love a sleeping hound dog!

• pamghatten
    16 years ago

Patricia43 ... the dog bowl is put into a cabinet that facses outward, and we took the doors off the bottom part. My contractor then made a cutout where the bowl sits so it doesn't move around.

here's a closer picture.

{{!gwi}}

• tetrazzini
    16 years ago

Gwendolynne, your cat IS perfectly color coordinated! How cute!

I love all these sweet animals coexisting peacefully among the paint color posts!

• zipdee
    16 years ago

Reno Fan, Bella is a beautiful girl!! She looks very comfy propped up on the sofa snoozing away, so cute! I love the perfect white stripe going down the center of her forehead. My DH tells the boys that's their racing stripe. *LOL*

• brutuses
    16 years ago

lori, my DH is a contractor and he recommends standish white to his customers all the time. The last one he recommended it to came home while he was painting and declared she didn't like it. He told her to call him the next day if she still felt the same way and he'd repaint it. She called the next day to say she loved it!! There's no doubt about it, you can't judge paint sometimes while it's going up. The Standish looks very pretty in your kitchen.

• alisande
    16 years ago

Some really beautiful colors here! Mine (American Traditions Homespun) isn't very exciting, but gives the look I wanted. Before the remodel, this was a very dark room.

• alisande
    16 years ago

Oh, and here's Angel in my kitchen, looking good at 14! (Don't tell WolfyÂthe husky-shepherdÂand the cats about this.)

• ttodd
    16 years ago

Trailrunner,

That 1st pic is great - your color's look wonderful together.

Karezz,

I love the fact that you chose wallpaper. It looks so nice & homey.

So many lovely kitchens I could go on & on, but the pets!

Now there's perfection!

Alisande,

I could just hug Angel through my monitor!!!!

• sholt576
    16 years ago

I love this thread! Bump

• pompeii
    16 years ago

Sammi2,
    Would you have a photo of your kitchen after painting with the BM110? I'm thinking of trying a pumpkin color and yours might be just what I'm looking for!

Thanks!

• amykath
    16 years ago

Sooooo many beautiful colors AND animals!!!! I am so partial to bassets! We have a beagle and a lab mix.

Our kitchen is HD Luminary Yellow and Lowes Bangkok Rust (in the dining area).

{{!gwi}}{{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• elleh
    16 years ago

I love this thread too! So many beautiful kitchens and furbabies!!

Our kitchen is crappy....for now. We just got done remodeling the full downstairs bath. Next is the full upstairs bath and then the kitchen. House needs a lot of TLC from the abuse and neglect of previous owners. This thread is giving me so much inspiration! Thanks all for sharing!

• dekr8
    16 years ago

aktillery, your kitchen is beautiful! I posted on the kitchen's thread asking about your Lowe's chandelier over your island. Do you have any other info? I tried to find it, but could not. It looks just like the one I ordered from RH but had to return b/c it looked black.

• emagineer
    16 years ago

I love that there are so many animal people here. And color. These kitchens are great. It took me a year to go for a brick red in mine and haven't regretted a moment of making the decision.

• amykath
    16 years ago

dekr8,

I believe it was their brand (Portfolio). They will sell something and then you go back some time later and they have all new stuff. I am not sure where to find it. Maybe you could show them a picture and ask where they purchase from and they might be able to help you. Good luck and thanks for the compliment!

Amy

• dekr8
    16 years ago

Amy,

Thanks so much for the info. Great idea to take a picture in, don't know why I didn't think of that!

dekr8

• johnatemp
    16 years ago

Love, love all the great kitchens and even better, the four legged friends.

Oceanna, if you see this....is your darling puppy a doodle?? I just love his coloring - what a cutie pie:)

Smiles:)

• amykath
    16 years ago

dekr8

this may be a better shot.

{{!gwi}}

• dekr8
    16 years ago

Wow Amy that was so nice of you! Thanks! I have been going through chandeliers on Lowes.com but no luck yet, so the picture will be great.

• catkin
    16 years ago

natesgramma, that color is fabulous!

• abbycat9990
    16 years ago

I'm re-posting because we repainted. It's Masada, an Aura paint from BM:

I'll be recovering the chairs in black.

• pbrisjar
    16 years ago

Behr Violet Shadow on the walls:

(we're still working on it...)

Hubby's family is Filipino. They all comment that it looks like one of their ice creams. We had some when we were in Hawaii on our honeymoon and I have to agree.

(and here's our three kids)

• annie1971
    16 years ago

You all make me want to paint my kitchen again; but it's one of those that doesn't seem to have enough defined wall space. It's painted the same as the rest the house, which is pretty neutral. I sure would love to give the it a pop of color though!

• msrose
    16 years ago

pbrisjar - How adorable! Are they full grown or puppies?

Laurie

• karenforroses
    16 years ago

Bisque and Khaki

• anele_gw
    16 years ago

Our kitchen was decorated by the previous owners. No paint, just wallpaper!

and our three rescue kitties:

• pbrisjar
    16 years ago

annie: our kitchen doesn't have much wall space either (and will have less by the time we're done. That's part of why I went with such a strong color. It really makes the room pop. I say, if you want color go for it!

Laurie - They're all full-grown. The black one, Gracie, is 5. The two sable long haired ones, Miss Lucci and Casanova, just turned 3.

• des_arc_ya_ya
    16 years ago

The color is called Easy Green. It's kind of a Martha Stewart color. Matches my Jadite dishes!! (Think it was a WalMart paint but don't remember for sure.) My cabinets are white.

• des_arc_ya_ya
    16 years ago

Should have posted this photo but jsut now found it. Gives you a little more idea of what the color looks like. Dining area of our kitchen:

• citymomof3
    16 years ago

Mine is Lowe's American Tradition in Churchhill Hotel Hazy Yellow. It's a nice warm, creamy yellow and I love it!!

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH