Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Costco Bamboo Sheets

Posted by tammy518 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 29, 11 at 20:26

Has anyone ever tried the bamboo sheets from Costco? I love the softness of Egyptian cotten sheets and have been using those for years. I tried some bamboo sheets from Bed Bath & Beyond a few years back, but they pilled like crazy after one washing, so I'm wondering if the Costco ones would do that too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Costco Bamboo Sheets

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Costco Bamboo Sheets

I had some from Target that we loved, but I haven't tried them from Costco. Costco does stand behind what they sell though. I'd give them a try.

o

Don't know about them; I have a set of the ones (name escapes me) made from beech-wood fibers, and love them. They are very satiny but not cold. Kind of velvety, too. Looked it up, they are called "Modal".
Casey

o

I just looked up the Modal ones, and overall they got a good rating, but a few people did mention pilling and ripping at seams. sombreuil, you've not had that problem?

o

I LOVE the Target bamboo sheets - was so disappointed that they stopped selling them. They are my favorite sheets and were so reasonably priced.

o

I also adore my bamboo sheets from Target. I would love to get my hands on another set just like them, and would give the Costco sheets a try if they had them in white/king, which they DON'T, darn it. So easy to return to Costco if they aren't good quality.

o

I went back to try to get another set of the bamboo sheets at Target and they were gone. I don't think they sold very well -- not sure the average Target sheet shopper knew that bamboo was a good thing. More folks have heard of bamboo cutting boards, utensils and flooring -- none of which sound like something you'd want to sleep on, but they were soft and silky. I don't normally buy linens at Target, except for jersey sheets for the boys, but those were great.

o

That's too bad that the Target bamboo sheets aren't available. They sound wonderful.

o

I also loved bamboo sheets and was disappointed that Target no longer has them. I did find some at Tuesday Morning but after looking closely, they were only 20% bamboo so be careful. Same with towels, I love bamboo towels (so soft) but you have to be careful of the % of bamboo.

o

I don�t know the science behind it, and I don�t care. I now use Bedvoyage sheets, duvets, couch blankets and towels. It is amazing. They are soooo soft, so comfy, and they just feel right. I've not experienced the pilling as described.

o

I live in Canada and haven't seen 100% bamboo in any stores. But found this:

www.bedandbamboo.com

Anyone here tried these? They seem nice.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bed and Bamboo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here