Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nini804

Swoon, cover of Frontgate

nini804
9 years ago

I try really hard to hold off on even THINKING about Christmas until after Thanksgiving. Of course I decorate and entertain and all that...but honestly it isn't my favorite time of year. The stingy daylight hours really crush my soul...I am a Spring/Summer gal. :) Anyway, though, it never fails...the Holiday Frontgate catalogue arrives and it puts me in a holly-jolly, let's go buy all new Christmas decor kick. Have you seen the cover? Gah...I am in love, and it is a painted brick house like mine...I want to buy it all! :) Luckily, I am neither insane nor have $5000 just lying around to buy holiday decor with...so I will have to dream about that cover!

Have you seen it? What puts you in holiday decorating mode?

Comments (11)

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Snow!

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

My local garden center opens its Holiday Wonderland in the first week in October and I always attend the opening. That event jump starts my thoughts about holiday decorating even though I don't actually decorate until late November.

• likewhatyoudo
    9 years ago

I want a frontgate catalog!! Can you post a picture of the cover? I will be enjoying all my great after Christmas finds from last year. The day after Thanksgiving and all my Christmas decor comes out of storage.

• nini804
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I couldn't find a pic of the cover online, so I snapped an iPhone pic of it! Doesn't do it justice, but you get the idea! :)

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

I'm not into the ornate stuff of Frontgate. I like simple and understated. Real pine wreaths with red bows, for example.

I'm not one who falls prey to marketing ploys, but whom- or whatever makes it snows is the best marketing being, as that is the one thing that will get me wanting to walk around a nursery and get me to pull my credit card out. I LOVE outdoor Christmas shopping when it's snowing.

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

Unfortunately, for those of us who live in warmer climates, natural evergreen is not an option because it dries out and drops its needles much too quickly.

• nini804
    Original Author
    9 years ago

All of their greenery is faux! :) I do hear you about the natural greenery, though...I live in the south and have to mist my Fraser Fir wreaths to keep them from drying out when the sun hits them. I definitely prefer natural...but the Frontgate stuff sure does look good! Especially when dh and I are struggling to get our 10 ft tree into the tree stand and using ladders to light it...those pre-lit lovelies look better and better each year! :)

• violetwest
    9 years ago

too traditional and overblown for me, not to mention too expensive.

I do like the Restoration Hardware pre lit "branch" trees, though.

• nhb22
    9 years ago

nini804 - We think alike. I was taken with the façade of the house, but what drew me in was the staircase. :)

The free shipping offer is not a bad deal especially if you are looking for a tree.

We had snow the day after Halloween, so that did not get me in the spirit. What does?...

Biltmore House putting up their tree today (saw it on the news)
    The Angel Tree at the mall
    Spice candles and fires burning along with cool days
    T.V. commercials

My favorite Christmas mood starter is the open house at a local gift shop. It's an old white farm house. They have the scents and sounds going all over the house. They offer cider (especially nice on a cool day) and edible goodies. Free gift wrapping, too! It's this weekend.

• nini804
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh, thanks for posting a much better pic, Newhomebuilder! Ah, Biltmore at Christmas...just dreamy. My twelve year old dd wants to go this year, so I am going to take her. I have been a bunch at all different seasons, but haven't been there for Christmas in a while.

Christmas commercials are welcome after the horrible barrage of Senate campaign commercials we've endured here the past 6 weeks!

• busybee3
    9 years ago

got my frontgate catalog today--very nice!! I too go with more traditional, less decorated greenery, esp outside, but it is gorgeous to look at!