Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sis2two

Do any of you keep your sheers up through the winter months?

sis2two
11 years ago

This Spring I ordered sheers for my bedroom from Country Curtains and had to special order them because I needed a particular length. Now that it's getting colder, I'm wondering how many of you use your sheers year round? I know several people hang heavier drapes during the Winter months? Would like to hear from you.

Comments (11)

• debo_2006
    11 years ago

I have sheer on all my master BR windows along with a shade pulled half way down. I do not have any other kind of curtain on the windows. The sheers are up all year round.

• User
    11 years ago

I too keep my shears up all year round.

• LuAnn_in_PA
    11 years ago

Year round sheers here too.

• schoolhouse_gw
    11 years ago

I keep my sheers on the bedroom window (and door) year round, but some winters hang the drapes with them for an extra layer and plus I like the change. Makes the room appear cozy and you would think I'd like more light in the winter but again closing the drapes kind of "wraps" the room up at night. Only problem is finding drapes I like and can afford in 120 inch length on the window. :( I have 108" Pottery Barn gold Alessandra drapes and LOVE the color and pattern but I need to find something longer some day. But I regress, we are talking about sheers. The sheers are hung inside the window frame and the 108" length works somehow.

• palimpsest
    11 years ago

I don't change window treatments seasonally. I tend not even to change them decade-ly.

• sis2two
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks to all of you! I was hoping others kept them up year round as well.! And Palimpsest, your comment had me spewing my coffee this morning.

If I had the room, I would love to hang some drapes along with my sheers as schoolhouse does, but my hardware narrows the potential width I can use because it butts up to another wall if that makes sense.

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

Yes, year round

• Susan
    11 years ago

i like them year round too and am looking for winter drapes atm to add to them.

• Ilene Perl
    11 years ago

Never thought of changing them with the seasons.

• camlan
    11 years ago

The sheers on my bedroom windows are there for daytime privacy. I live in a city and the house lots are small. Without the sheers, I'd have to close the shades every time I changed clothes or my neighbors could see everything. So they are up year-round. They also block out the sight of the other neighbor's back yard, where there are always a variety of cars and motorcycles in various stages of repair.

I also just like the look of sunlight pouring through them. Bright and white and pretty.

• sis2two
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all for your comments! I really have mine up for some softness in our room. We live in the woods and hopefully the only things peering in are the wildlife.