Thu, Nov 1, 12 at 20:11
|For this area obviously it was made for old style big screen tv how can we make it for flat screens? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated|
|It seems to be the easiest way would be to add an additional shelf in the large niche at the bottom, at about the halfway point. Obviously, it would need to match the other shelves. If that's not possible, you might need to replace the others to match the new one. Then place the tv on the new shelf. You could even have it customized by a carpenter to slide out and pivot for easy viewing. If you wanted to go a step further, you could have the carpenter build doors at the very bottom underneath the new shelf (in effect, build a cabinet) to stow things (DVD's, gaming systems, etc.) out of sight. The new shelf would then become the top of the new cabinet. I hope that makes sense...LOL|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here