Thu, Nov 1, 12 at 20:11
|For this area obviously it was made for old style big screen tv how can we make it for flat screens? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated|
|It seems to be the easiest way would be to add an additional shelf in the large niche at the bottom, at about the halfway point. Obviously, it would need to match the other shelves. If that's not possible, you might need to replace the others to match the new one. Then place the tv on the new shelf. You could even have it customized by a carpenter to slide out and pivot for easy viewing. If you wanted to go a step further, you could have the carpenter build doors at the very bottom underneath the new shelf (in effect, build a cabinet) to stow things (DVD's, gaming systems, etc.) out of sight. The new shelf would then become the top of the new cabinet. I hope that makes sense...LOL|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.