Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kam76

Show me your favorite light fixture!

kam76
10 years ago

What light fixture have you be lusting after? I am particularly interested in flush mount fixtures as I am trying to get away from the dreaded "boob" lights. But any fixtures that have tickled your fancy lately lets see them!

Love this iron one from RH:

And this one seems really interesting and sparkly Nouveau acrylique moderne boule Caboche Suspension:

I thought this one was so clever made from door plates:

Comments (39)

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

Good post. I'm looking for ideas. Just saved this one today.

Found on Overstock

This post was edited by marti8a on Wed, Nov 13, 13 at 22:41

• kam76
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ahhhh Marta!! I have been looking for that one but don't know the name! I saw it recently in a post someone did of their entry way here. Do you know where it is from?

• gyr_falcon
    10 years ago

My husband and I both love this light. Unfortunately, I have failed to find any information about it online. I was going to start a thread asking for help, but I guess this photo would work as my entry here, too. I'd appreciate any help with identification tips or location(s) where this light can be purchased!

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    10 years ago

Well, not favorites in the traditional sense, but I am intrigued by this lighting company:

Here is a link that might be useful: Conant Lighting

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

only one? I can think of at least three!

• romy718
    10 years ago

I hung two of these in my laundry room & one in the hallway between the kitchen & laundry room. They sparkle. Hudson Valley, Winfield.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Kam and Marti, that light looks like Janice's foyer light. I love it

• violetwest
    10 years ago

I loved those RH "birdcage" lights . . . and I also like Moravian stars. And jellyfish lights and . . . okay, I like lots of unusual, cool fixtures that I cannot afford.

• chicagoans
    10 years ago

kam76: marti's light is from Uttermost Lighting, the Galeana line, 2 light semi-flush mount item #22208. (I have the pendants and the matching 3 light chandelier in my kitchen. I ordered the 6 light chandy for my DR but my ceiling wasn't high enough sound I found a shorter look-alike.) I'm looking at getting the one marti posted for another room so I recognized it right away.

See link... HTH!

Here is a link that might be useful: Uttermost Galeana

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

I love my DR fixture, Murray Feiss, but I don't think it's available any more.

I hate 99% of flush mount fixtures and I dislike an awful lot of semi-flush mount. I really struggled with those when selecting them for our house.

• chicagoans
    10 years ago

gyr-falcon I recognize yours too! It's a Kichler from their Structures collection. I don't have the one you posted, but I have 2 of the 3 light fixtures and one pendant from that collection in my master bath, and each of the kids' bathrooms has the 2 light version, all also in the Olde Bronze finish like the one you posted. I got excited when I saw your picture since I recognized it and was happy to know someone liked the style!

Here is a link that might be useful: Kichler Structures Wall Sconce

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

Yes, kam, I found it at overstock. Link here

I'll put it on my post too.

Thanks for that link too Chicagoans. I didn't know it came in other styles.

I just looked at Janice's post. It does look like it. Janice's seems to have clear glass and I like it even better.

This post was edited by marti8a on Wed, Nov 13, 13 at 23:05

• justgotabme
    10 years ago

Almost anything from Rejuvenation is awesome though these are my favorites. I wanted the ceiling fixture in the Ladies Parlor and the sconces for our stairway, but at the time we were buying fixtures for the whole house and the cost was out of the question.

Here is a link that might be useful: Slipper Shade Fixtures

• gyr_falcon
    10 years ago

Thank you so much, chicagoans, for the information! The photo was from an MLS listing; the photographer must have like them too, because one of the listing photos was of the light fixture only. So I had nothing else to go on; photo searches came up empty. Wow, they are reasonably priced, too. I admit to having a bit of fear that if I ever did find them, they would turn out to be $$$ budget busters. lol

• Janice742
    10 years ago

Added this last year - I love it...

But it looks really cool at night:

• sas95
    10 years ago

I obsessed over a fixture forever for the DR, and fell in love with this one. It took me forever to pull the trigger due to the nonreturnability factor.

• Oakley
    10 years ago

Just, Rejuvenation is my favorite lighting store! Most of my lighting came from them.

I wish the term "Boob light" was never coined. I love mine in the utility room and will never get rid of it.

This is my favorite celing light. It's rather big and hard to take a good picture of, and the colors are more vivid than in the pic. One of the light bulbs is burnt out which makes it look dirty but OTOH made it easier to take a picture of. lol

• MarinaGal
    10 years ago

We re-did all of the lighting our home earlier this year and I had a great time selecting fixtures. I love what we purchased and it would be hard to pick just one as my favorite. However, this is the "one that got away." I adore this chandelier but it really didn't fit the style of my house, so I sadly had to pass it up!

• pammyfay
    10 years ago

SAS: What's that light fixture made of?
    (And it makes me want to see more of your house!)
    I like the mixing of what appears to be more traditional chairs with the more modern "host" chairs!

• justgotabme
    10 years ago

Oh I envy you OakleyOK! I would love to have some of their fixtures, but right now we're working on the wood work and saving for retirement so I'll be happy with the fixtures we have. And I do like them all.
    I love the fixture you just shared. It reminds me of what my Aunt Hazel had in her home. I wish I had a photo of the fixture in her dining room. That would be my favorite all time light fixture. If I remember correctly is was silver with cobalt and white glass.

• kam76
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This has been so awesome! oaklyok that is not a "boob" light that is beautiful!! I am talking about the ones that cost $15.99 at home depot and suck a little piece of your soul every time you install one. Lol.

Marina, I have a feeling I will have lots of ones that get away because I like so many that are way out of my budget.

• sas95
    10 years ago

Pammyfay, the fixture is frosted glass.

Thanks on the chairs. The table and older chairs are from my parents' former DR, circa late 60's. The host chairs are "circa last year." It was a challenge to find something that worked.

• cfvh
    10 years ago

I generally prefer stately vintage or antique lighting fixtures (bronze or crystal) but do like and appreciate a lot of modern stuff.

We were shopping for lights for the renovation and saw this light fixture in a modern lighting store:

We looked it up online and the price was around $2,000 and it had a very obnoxious and quite pretentious description, basically snobby curdled verbal diarrhea. I uttered, "I could easily build that...", then caught a grin being shot my way.

So, I did... for less that $100. It is temporarily standing on-end as a floor lamp but will hang horizontally over a stainless steel kitchen island.

• maggiepie11
    10 years ago

i've been lusting over this one, but can't figure out the right place to put it! (Layla Grace)

and i also love this one from serena and lily!

• Spottythecat
    10 years ago

I like these....

• Spottythecat
    10 years ago

And these sconces....

• nhb22
    10 years ago

cfvh - Great job! I believe I like it as a standing fixture much better. :)

I have a chandelier similar to Annie's in my dining room. I cannot say it's my favorite, but it is HUGE. We call it The Spider.

• chicagoans
    10 years ago

cfvh - wow! That's great!

• Jules
    10 years ago

ooooh, maggie, I love the fixtures you posted.

I'm loving all sorts of variations of this style.

• romy718
    10 years ago

Please keep them coming. I need to find a dining room fixture.

• Oakley
    10 years ago

Kam, my boob light is in the utility room, it's not the light above. But it cost a lot more than $15.99. It's still a boob light though. lol. I'll see if I can take a picture of it tomorrow.

I bought the fixture above because it's so old fashioned. Not many people use flush mount fixtures anymore. I've always liked them.

• Oakley
    10 years ago

I found an old picture on Photobucket. It's a big 'un! LOL.

Excuse the wide lens picture, it makes the room a bit long. :)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

I hate boob lights, but DH seems to like them....

I told him I hate them, they look like boobs, and he replied, what's wrong with that? It figures!

This post was edited by AnnieDeighnaugh on Thu, Nov 14, 13 at 20:24

• patty_cakes
    10 years ago

I think I have two of my favorite in my MBath. I love them as much today as when I picked them out 5 years ago!

Here is a link that might be useful: mini pendant

• kiki_thinking
    10 years ago

I'd love some variation of this, even a good knock-off!

• justgotabme
    10 years ago

Patty Cakes, that is a beautiful fixture you linked too.

And seeing so many chandeliers is making me regret taking down ours when I moved our dining table! I'd have moved it with it, but we had two can lights there so I bought the retrofit pendants adding drum shades instead of making more work for hubby when he's home.

• Sms
    10 years ago

Oly Meri Drum

• justgotabme
    10 years ago

Annie I missed your comment about boob lights. LOL Sounds like a typical male. My hubby would probably say something very similar.

• cvazqu
    10 years ago

Oh, fun! Our house is nearing completion and I spent several months obsessing over light fixtures. The ones I kept coming back to are the ones I decided that I had to have.
    My favorites- (sorry for the cell phone pics)

Regina Andrew pendants over island (backsplash in progress- yay!)

(I do like that little Visual Comfort flush mount over where the sink will be a lot, too)

Regina Andrew wooden bead chandelier in dining room:

Restoration Hardware sconces in master bath: