Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd

CL Table update

ttodd
9 years ago

I was asked to post how the sale (or lack of) of my fully staged table on CL went. A few wks ago (maybe 4 or so) I posted the table that I was selling on CL. Selling on CL was a last minute decision that I made for a table when I suddenly ended up w/ 2 DR tables and wasn't going to see my mom for awhile to pass off stuff to sell at her shop.

I got a lot of GW feedback about how I chose to take my picture as it was not the norm for a picture of an item for sale on sale on CL: fully staged, table set, chairs surrounding it. Seemed to be split 50/50 about what was wrong w/ the picture, what I should do instead and the other half that said it was perfect and realized that I was going after a certain buyer w/ a bigger picture in mind.

I didn't expect the sale to be quick & it wasn't and it was a little longer than I expected (I was getting ready to give it to my mom at Thanksgiving to take to her shop) but other things arose in the meantime because of the CL add.

I've since gotten orders for 4 chairs and inquiries about more, the table was picked up tonight & the buyer is interested in giving me 2 chairs to do and requested information about our FT business.

All in all it worked out well and am looking to sell more on CL.

Comments (7)