Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hopmom_gw

Show me your Thanksgiving table...

hopmom
12 years ago

Anyone have their table set for Thanksgiving yet, or photos from a prior year? I'd love to see your centerpieces or creative ideas for settings -- please share!!

Comments (19)

• lv_r_golden
    12 years ago

Here you go, happened to set table just now except for the glassware........I am "older" so have been there done that with the traditional light tablecloths and fine china....but am a perennial dish stacker......they almost never get too tall....I will be adding two stems at each place - wine and water..

This year - just 5 of us.

I noticed the Golden Boy waiting for company in the background......company = food = happy dog!

Last year there were many of us - I go for low simple centerpieces when there are a lot of people so everyone can see each other and don't get distracted - I think we had 12.

This was the pre-TG meal for those that came in from out of town - it was Chili et al......didn't love it - seemed too plain but I got the acorns in there and the colors were somewhat festive.

• work_in_progress_08
    12 years ago

Haven't gotten the table together yet. I can't wait to see how lovely everyone's tables will be!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

• franksmom_2010
    12 years ago

No pics yet, but the tables will have white damask cloths, and a pale sage green burlap runner. Centerpieces are tall glass vases with dried lima beans and wheat stalks with some of the same pale green. White mini pumpkins scattered down the table with a handful of metallic leaves.

I'd love to set it all up now, but the centerpieces just scream "cat toy", so it'll have to wait until Thursday!

• gr8daygw
    12 years ago

Wish I had a close up..

• lynninnewmexico
    12 years ago

Haven't started for this year yet, but these are from last year.
    Our Thanksgiving Breakfast Table, taken before I noticed the flatware was in need of adjusting a bit (LOL):
    {{gwi:1451666}}
    Centerpiece I Made for Breakfast Table:
    {{!gwi}}
    Dinner Table, Centerpiece that I made
    {{!gwi}}
    Lynn

• awm03
    12 years ago

lynn, I have those same leaf plates:

• shaun
    12 years ago

Beautiful!

• franksmom_2010
    12 years ago

Awm, I don't think I've ever seen your dining room before. That is just really lovely! Love the wallpaper, the furnishings, the colors, all of it! That trestle table is gorgous!

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

gr8day, I notice you have three plates plus a charger. Is the first plate for salad, then what is served on the second and third? I think this not only looks nice but would eliminate clutter of plates on the table.

• roarah
    12 years ago

They all look so lovely! I bowed out of hosting this year. I usually do my daughters bday party a week before thanksgiving than TG, Xmas and easter and this year I have a friend's baby showere on the 3rd of dec., so I bowed out of hosting and get to be a guest at my SIL this year:) I hope all your guests appreciate all your hard efforts and may everyone have a wonderful thanksgiving!

• awm03
    12 years ago

oh thank you, franksmom! It's a work in progress. Hope you have a successful Thanksgiving with all your guests tomorrow. I chuckled at your post in the cleaning thread about how you've been working so hard all over the house, and your husband cleaned his computer area, LOL!

• Valerie Noronha
    12 years ago

I've not set mine yet, but was taking a break before brining my turkey to pop in here and see what others have done. Mine will be similar to last year's which are:

Adult's table:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Kid's table:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• gsciencechick
    12 years ago

These are gorgeous! Love the leaf plates and the white turkey centerpiece.

• hopmom
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I knew all of you creative people would have amazing decorating ideas to share. Thanks for the beautiful pics -- and hope everyone had a wonderful day!

• nhb22
    12 years ago

I'm a little late, but wanted to share my Thanksgiving table. I wanted lower centerpieces that didn't obstruct the conversations too much. All guest/host were able to see through and converse with each other easily.

I sprayed rectangular terracotta pots to look like bronze. They turned out more of a copper color. The arrangement is made up of all fresh fruits, greenery from my yard, and store bought tulips.

The chargers are bronze, although the one below looks golden yellow in this photo because of the flash. The gourds and pine cones are real. Some cones are natural and some sprayed gold. The things around the lantern are artificial and came stuck to the $4 grapevine pumpkins.

{{!gwi}}

• gmp3
    12 years ago

beautiful tables! Newhome builder your arrangements are lovely. I love the fruit and veggies!

• franksmom_2010
    12 years ago

Well, I'm almost embarrassed to post this after seeing the elaborate tablescapes some of you do! This is what our tables looked like:

We serve buffet style, so just imagine it with plates and silverware, LOL!

• nhb22
    12 years ago

gmp3 - Thank you for the compliment!

franksmom - Don't be embarrassed, your table is cute. My table doesn't look too good now that all the plates, silverware, and place mats have been removed. The flowers have died, too. Heck, I even still have fine crumbs on the table!

I like what you did with the wheat and rocks.

• nhb22
    12 years ago

OK, now I have a question. See the beautiful gourds on my dining room table? Can they be saved/dried for use next year? I hate to throw them out. They still look so good and are hard as a rock, not to mention a little costly.