Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amykath

Please Vote Which do you prefer?

amykath
9 years ago

Our master bath will have a 12 foot long vanity in a medium brown stain wood with a light limestone counter and dark honed slate floors The shower will be the same slightly off white limestone and white on the trim etc. The walls will be beige.

Which faucet do you prefer. Let me preface, I am the worst face washer and tend to get water EVERYWHERE. Not sure if either of these will impact or help that problem I have.

Alas, here are the choices...

Comments (58)

• gail618
    9 years ago

I like the first one. Does it swivel? It looks like it might. I like faucets that you can swivel around - makes cleaning easier.

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

I think you have to bend down more for no. 2 if you're catching water in your hands to splash on your face, so maybe more splashing necessary with 2.

• TxMarti
    9 years ago

#1. Very nice.

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ok. Looks like #1 it is. Thanks!!!

Amy

ps JD, lovely faucet. It does look just like the one I posted!

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

I think #1 is also a smart choice because it will allow you to get taller things under there, i.e: Bottles to fill or whatever.

• emmarene9
    9 years ago

It looks like number one will function best. There appears to be more room for hands to slide under while washing.

• jakabedy
    9 years ago

I also like #1, for reasons already posted. Style and finish notwithstanding, it's the more functional choice because of the room under the faucet for hand washing, bottle filling, sticking a head under to get a sip, etc. probably a tangent, but I was telling DH the other day that I wanted a new kitchen faucet with a high arch. We put one in our last house, but this house has a much lower one. Just what am I supposed to do with that pullout faucet that only pulls out over the floor?

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    9 years ago

I love a gooseneck or high faucet in the bathroom for function. This house has them in kitchen and laundry but none of the bathrooms. When I do get around to remodeling/updating those, all will have them. My master now has a higher vanity, wide sink, low faucet and like you, I've been throwing water everywhere taking off makeup. For two years now ;)

So, #1.

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for all of your thoughts. You are right, with a higher faucet I will be less likely to splash water everywhere! That in and of itself is a huge bonus!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

#1. I think it's much prettier. Personally, I like a higher faucet for when I want to quickly wash my hair at the sink...

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

My dh finally responded to my text about the two choices (he's out of town) and said he liked the shorter one. I told him everyone here liked the taller. He told me whatever I wanted. Gotta love that answer!

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    9 years ago

#1 for the function of the higher faucet.

• teresa_nc7
    9 years ago

I have fixtures just like the second set in my bathroom and don't notice a problem with splashing. FWIW, I have used the higher faucet like #1 at work in our catering kitchen and found that height promotes splashing just because the water has further to drop and builds up more force, thus splashing more. And, I think the size of #2 is more suited for use in a smaller sink in a bathroom.

Teresa

• Charlie
    9 years ago

If your other items like the towel rack etc are similar, I like number 1.

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

I like #1. For all the reasons stated about having something with height in the bathroom to make it easier to bend over without conking your head on the faucet. Forget about the extra splash due to faucet height for a minute. That's minimal IMO. What is the shape of your sink? The depth of the sink and also the shape & configuration of the exit hole on the faucet itself has as much to do with splash as the height of the faucet.

Our new faucet has no filter, meaning there is a full stream of water coming out into a barrel-shaped sink, which has caused more splash than I was anticipating. It's a slightly elevated faucet, but not as much as your #1. It's not bad, and I've learned to adjust the water flow and keep a sponge or microfiber cloth handy to mop up rather than worry about it.

• GregNow
    9 years ago

I like #1 just because you won't have to worry about conking your head on the faucet. The splash however, can be a problem. how can you show us what kind of sink you have in mind?

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    9 years ago

I would consider a single lever faucet instead, because in no time at all, those X handles will require realignment, so they match from side to side, and that is a big bother.

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

still figuring out which sink. Everything is very square or rectangular in our bath so I was thinking oval or round. This one is 8 deep and 19 wide. Undercounter mount Thoughts?

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I am adding another to the choices. Plus feel free to make suggestions on any other faucets or sinks.

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

Hm, in that case, last one because it's less "curly."

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Let me share with you my inspiration bath. Ours will be NOTHING like it except wood color and design of vanity and the limestone top. Other than that it will be completely different For this reason, I am questioning what style to use for my faucet. I do prefer some sort of height bc as of now we have super low faucets and they drive me crazy.

[Rustic Bathroom[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/rustic-bathroom-ideas-phbr1-bp~t_712~s_2111) by San Francisco Interior Designers & Decorators John K. Anderson Design

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

So, then the last one isn't higher than the second one? have you searched for high arc or high spout faucets?

• pricklypearcactus
    9 years ago

I prefer high arc faucets because I feel like it's easier to get my hands, toothbrush, whatever under the faucet.

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Its a tough call. My bathroom can go from sleek and simple to a bit more traditional. Hard to decide!

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

I love number one! It is a beauty!

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Holly!!

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Have you looked at the Delta Vero or Arzo faucets? We have the Vero and I really love the arc and height of it. The Arzo (I think) has the filter on it but Vero does not. They aren't quite as high as your #1. I do like the last one you posted. These are totally different and more contemporary than what you have posted but with your inspiration bath I think they would look great. Will you have 36" tall counters?

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

Grohe has some pretty sleek high arc bathroom faucets

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Nosoccer, that is beautiful! I will ceck out the delta and arzo as well.

• AngieS80
    9 years ago

I would rule out your original #2. Unless it's a terrible quality stock photo, the finish looks plasticy. I like either of the other 2, depending on which one would match your towel rod and other fixtures best.

And aside from function things that have already been said, I like the taller ones to add to the grandeur of the bathroom. With a 12 foot long vanity, I think you need something taller and more bold...anything short will just be "meh" and shrink/disappear. Not that the faucets need to totally stand out, I just think the taller ones would look best from an everything-in-scale perspective.

• nutsaboutplants
    9 years ago

I like #1 the best. Do make sure thought that the tip of the faucet does extend far enough into the sink. In other words, you don't want something with a high arch that barely spouts into the edge of the sink. That would make the splash problem worse, not better. JMHO.

This post was edited by nutsaboutplants on Fri, Nov 21, 14 at 23:30

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I am kind of digging the one nosoccermom posted. Perhaps with my bath and the materials we are using it may be best to stay with a simple lined more modern faucet. I am liking this one.

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Anyone?

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    9 years ago

Hi AkTillery,

I will have to do our bathroom over soon and so I notice threads on faucets and such. We also just had to replace our kitchen faucet so I already had to do a little research for that. My old faucet in the kitchen leaked all the time and was cheap, because I spent money on other items in the kitchen and tried to cut a corner on the faucet. I also was probably just looking at style and not function. After being annoyed and displeased with the old faucet over and over again, believe me, I wanted function over form this time around. When I looked into it, I discovered that there is a technology in manufacturing faucets that is called a 'ceramic disc valve' that is much praised in the industry as having longevity and reliability. So that's what I looked for. Kohler is the company that makes faucets with the ceramic disc valve. I'm sure there are other companies too, but that is the brand we went with. We've been very happy with it. Like night and day from the old faucet. It cost more than the old one and more than I wanted to spend, but really, the difference can be made up by not having to call a plumber to fix a leak. And who knows, maybe if I had bought this in the first place, I wouldn't have had to replace it. One visit by a plumber, is more than the difference in price between a cheap brand and an excellent brand.

I didn't try to look through styles for you, but I did do a search for a faucet with the ceramic disc valve and here is one example in the link below.

Hope that helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mistos Widespread bathroom sink faucet @ HD

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you so much prairie for the info. I just looked up the most recent faucet I posted and am considering and it does have the disc valve!

So glad you shared this with me!
    Amy

• nhbaskets
    9 years ago

This is the Kohler Fairfax faucet I have in my half bath. Very pleased with the look.

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

Aktillery: YES, YES! Love the more modern, classy, clean look.
    I have no idea about the quality of Kohler faucets, only that a builder friend of mine likes them as well as Grohe, hansgrohe, Delta. He says to stay away from Pfizer.

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks nosoccermom. I am planning on getting these faucets for our baths and rest of the collection for our drop in roman tub, our shower and other fixtures. I love them!

Glad you like them too!

Love your faucet!

• Gracie
    9 years ago

I've been looking at Grohe and Delta on the recommendation of my BIL, who is a master plumber of over 30 years. He hates Kohler faucets. I'm avoiding them after having the Forte, which leaked despite replacing the same part three times. He also likes Moen. Hansgrohe is similar to Grohe with a little more modern styling.

I like the Grohe NSM posted, and I also like the Delta Vero, which has that cool modern ribbon look, though it doesn't have the cross handles. We bought Delta Cassidy last year for our guest bath, which is like the faucet in your first post, and have been happy with it. Delta is known for standing behind their products and for having replacement parts readily available. You can't beat that German engineering of companies like Grohe though.

Here is a link that might be useful: Delta Vero

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I am not going with Kohler for any of my faucets. Nothing against them. Just not in my choices.

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

So, which ones are you picking? Either way, great choice :)

• Vertise
    9 years ago

Love #1. Kingston Brass? I have it but with the lever handles. It seems a good quality, is noted on the large side but not overly so, imo. That said, seeing your vanity etc I think the more tailored modified version of #3 is a better fit from what I can gather from your styling of the bathroom. It is simpler and more masculine, to the point like the handsome bath . #1 is quite feminine for the above bathroom, imo. I also think the sleek modern one at 17:43 would look good but like the feel of the other with the old world natural limestone.

PS. The higher arcs are more comfortable, imo.

This post was edited by snookums2 on Sun, Nov 23, 14 at 14:24

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I just ordered 2 faucets. It is the one I last posted. The sleeker arc with the cross handles. I am super excited! We also got all of the other plumbing fixtures for the master and the guest bath! What a relief!

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

I think it'll look awesome! It's modern but classy, with a nod to the old classics with the windmill handles.

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks nosoccermom!!

• caminnc
    9 years ago

Number 1 and only number one!

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

I love the one you've selected! Much more modern look for the vibe of your bath. Who is the mfg? Grohe?

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Actually it is American Standard.

• lazydaisynot
    9 years ago

Great choice!

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Lazy!

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!