photo 021813e_mini1_10in_c_t618_zps05dba0dc.jpg

photo layereda_zps2029b35a.jpg

photo c24772a3cedf0f4f4735e876ea92312c_zpsa9824861.jpg

photo Photograph2_zpsf614c78e.jpg

photo ELLEDECOR_BRANCA_MASTER_zpsd355abd1.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some Rooms W/Layering

Hooray! You're back! Hope you've been well.

#1 & #2 are my favorites. Love the elegant rusticity of #1, and #2 has beautiful mellow colors.

o

I always look with envy upon the dog paintings in so many of the rooms you share, Jim. Nice to see you again! I love the paint color in the Michael Smith Belgravia flat. I really like a lot of these. Sigh.

o

Two, three, and eight! Pure love.

o

I'm in love...thanks for sharing. Good to see you posting. I miss your posts full of great pictures. Did you finish scanning all your back issues?

o

So glad you are back, you've been missed. I love #1 best because of the architecture but they are all eye candy.
I just set a table for an informal dinner tomorrow night, I think I need to add a few more things.....

o

Love all of them - I think all that "stuff" just makes it so homey. I need to do a lot more layering - which seems to be where I get stuck. Thanks for the pics - very helpful.

o

Number one! Those widows! That rug! So much in all of these to glean inspiration. Hi and thanks, Jim!
Marti

o

Ahhhh...early AM eye candy with my tea. Thanks!!!

o

After seeing your posts chijim, I always question my sanity in falling in love with my rambling woodsy/mod mid-century ranch.

What was I thinking? My heart wants cornices! And ruffles!

o

Love the first one. Thanks for posting!

o

Great eye candy. Love these looks, esp 4,5 &6

o

The first one for sure. Just beautiful..Thanks for sharing.

o

Gorgeous -- warm and charming rooms that would encourage lots of stories, fun and parties! :)

Thanks so much for posting these wonderful photos! :)

Of course -- I'm always hoping for photos of your own fantastic Holiday decorating too! :)

o

I like the ambiance of these rooms too, reminds me of my library. Recently I had furniture repaired and now am able to sit in different areas of the room -offering different views. Yesterday the sun shone in and from my new vantage point all I could see on the crown molding 14' up were cobwebs everywhere.

So today I dragged the tall ladder in from the garage and grabbed my Dust Willy with the telescoping handle and worked my way around the room. I was even more mortified at what I saw close up. It looked like a room in a haunted house! So I wonder - how on earth do people keep the rooms in the photos above cobweb-free? ha.

o

Love these rooms, a feeling of comfort comes from each.

o

"how on earth do people keep the rooms in the photos above cobweb-free? "

The owners of the rooms above undoubtedly Pay people to do it. I've said it before, but my parents' friend with the gigantic Asian artifacts collection (among other collections) employed an essentially-full-time object cleaner.

o

Like # a lot two, but not quite with so much stuff, but #8 swoon; if I could clear off the coffee table I could move right in! Thanks for sharing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here