Some Rooms W/Layering

chijim
10 years ago

This and that:

Jim

Comments (18)

• awm03
    10 years ago

Hooray! You're back! Hope you've been well.

#1 & #2 are my favorites. Love the elegant rusticity of #1, and #2 has beautiful mellow colors.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

I always look with envy upon the dog paintings in so many of the rooms you share, Jim. Nice to see you again! I love the paint color in the Michael Smith Belgravia flat. I really like a lot of these. Sigh.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Two, three, and eight! Pure love.

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

I'm in love...thanks for sharing. Good to see you posting. I miss your posts full of great pictures. Did you finish scanning all your back issues?

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    10 years ago

So glad you are back, you've been missed. I love #1 best because of the architecture but they are all eye candy.
    I just set a table for an informal dinner tomorrow night, I think I need to add a few more things.....

• justsaying
    10 years ago

Love all of them - I think all that "stuff" just makes it so homey. I need to do a lot more layering - which seems to be where I get stuck. Thanks for the pics - very helpful.

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    10 years ago

Number one! Those widows! That rug! So much in all of these to glean inspiration. Hi and thanks, Jim!
    Marti

• loribee
    10 years ago

Ahhhh...early AM eye candy with my tea. Thanks!!!

• PRO
    Diane Smith at Walter E. Smithe Furniture
    10 years ago

After seeing your posts chijim, I always question my sanity in falling in love with my rambling woodsy/mod mid-century ranch.

What was I thinking? My heart wants cornices! And ruffles!

• texanjana
    10 years ago

Love the first one. Thanks for posting!

• mlweaving_Marji
    10 years ago

Great eye candy. Love these looks, esp 4,5 &6

• justretired
    10 years ago

The first one for sure. Just beautiful..Thanks for sharing.

• teacats
    10 years ago

Gorgeous -- warm and charming rooms that would encourage lots of stories, fun and parties! :)

Thanks so much for posting these wonderful photos! :)

Of course -- I'm always hoping for photos of your own fantastic Holiday decorating too! :)

• schoolhouse_gw
    10 years ago

I like the ambiance of these rooms too, reminds me of my library. Recently I had furniture repaired and now am able to sit in different areas of the room -offering different views. Yesterday the sun shone in and from my new vantage point all I could see on the crown molding 14' up were cobwebs everywhere.

So today I dragged the tall ladder in from the garage and grabbed my Dust Willy with the telescoping handle and worked my way around the room. I was even more mortified at what I saw close up. It looked like a room in a haunted house! So I wonder - how on earth do people keep the rooms in the photos above cobweb-free? ha.

• weelass
    10 years ago

Love these rooms, a feeling of comfort comes from each.

• palimpsest
    10 years ago

"how on earth do people keep the rooms in the photos above cobweb-free? "

The owners of the rooms above undoubtedly Pay people to do it. I've said it before, but my parents' friend with the gigantic Asian artifacts collection (among other collections) employed an essentially-full-time object cleaner.

• peegee
    10 years ago

Like # a lot two, but not quite with so much stuff, but #8 swoon; if I could clear off the coffee table I could move right in! Thanks for sharing.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Color is very important to me, as is lots of art on the walls, and of course there's the antique Chinese porcelain collection of well over a hundred pieces. However, I need the calming effect of negative space and fairly straight lined furniture and neutral walls except for the red dining room and the soft green entry room. Most of my rooms don't have much of the clutter of daily life and that helps, but my house would probably drive a 2 or 3 crazy. I've found that with higher-quality items and good art you can have more of it and it will look more interesting than cluttered (or so I tell myself). I believe that's the secret of high-end decorators who have very busy rooms. Everything in them is worth looking at, and spending $100,000 on a room is probably at the low end of their decorating budget.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH