Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
twingirlsmom_gw

brown'sh - mocha paint color

twingirlsmom
15 years ago

anyone know of a nice, warm, brown'sh/mocha paint color? I was originally thinking of Texas Leather by BM for my living room, which will soon have maple built-in bookcases. But I'm worried that color may be a little dark. Anyone have a color they've used and really liked? If so, can you include pics? Thanks!!

Comments (7)

• keekush2
    15 years ago

I'm sorry, I don't have my camera here but we just finished a guest room with a lovely cocoa color...Sherwin Williams "Sand Trap". With white crown molding it looks scrumptious!

• twingirlsmom
    Original Author
    15 years ago

keekush2 - when I looked that color up on My Perfect Color, it had a peach hue to it but when I used the color visualizer on SW, it looked much more cocoa colored, very pretty! So how do you think it would look next to maple color trim? I have posted pics of the living room I'll be painting on the posting re: built in bookcases. Thanks for the tip!

• sarahdecor
    15 years ago

Hi,
    Be careful choosing by name. My living room is called Mocha (california paints from old deck) The P.O. chose it and I was shocked to see the name on the can when I found it. Its def. a warm, peachy or pinky tan depending on the light and what colors are near it. My MIL has a mocha color from behr and its got the peach pink but not asd much as mine. Def. get samples and don;t just go by name. Its the undertones that you need to watch esp with coordinating colors. I have a lot of green and it brings out the pink in the paint

• mahatmacat1
    15 years ago

side note: myperfectcolor *never* works for me. It's a joke the difference between what they put out and I guess what my monitor receives. There's a way to calibrate, if you really want to take the time, and maybe someday I will, but the short version is don't trust *anything* online, pretty much...get the live chip before you rule anything out.

• meg711
    15 years ago

The outside of our house is painted with BM Alexandria Beige (also called Travertine Tan). There had been a post discussing whether some see a green undertone, but it probably depends on lighting, etc.

Inside, we have a different tan from Kelly Moore called Wise Owl. It definitely changes with the lighting. Also, the CFL bulbs add another tone:

• jane__ny
    15 years ago

BM Chocolate Mousse, BM Shabby Chic. Shabby has some pink undertones depending on the lighting. Chocolate Mousse has grey undertones. My office is CM and I love the color.

• Kathleen McGuire
    15 years ago

Behr's Brown Teepee is a great mocha color!

Here is a link that might be useful: brown teepee