Fri, Nov 23, 12 at 17:54
|I don't mean outside, but the stash by the fireplace. Do you have a decorative log holder? A basket? Any more imaginative ideas?
I would love to see pictures of your fireplaces and where you put your wood stash! : )
|Here's ours. We have it on again now and the logs are in an orange mesh bag and the kindling in a green bag. We still don't have fireplace tools. We need to get organized so we can enjoy the fireplace through the winter, and hav it look nice!|
|Wood stash is around the corner through the mud room in the garage. But we bring it in by the arm loads for the basket. At the old house we needed a log rack and a big stash in the house as the old wood stove was so inefficient. This one is very efficient so the basket works well for us, even though we had designed the space for a larger wood pile....thus why we extended the stone around to the side wall. |
|Depending upon one's style, I use a trunk. It keeps the mess at bay and can load far more wood at one time. Love real fireplaces.|
|Our son gave me one years ago and it was brass and |
to wide to fit on the hearth (hearth is 12" wide)
Just recently, I gave it
another look down in the workshop, where it sat and collected dust...so, I said to the head guy around here,
lets make this fit...so, he clamped it and squished it
tight; then I spray painted antique bronze.
I'm happy with the results;
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.