Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nosoccermom

Do I need these chairs?

nosoccermom
9 years ago

They're a steal, at 240.00 for eight. However, do you see them with a farm table? hadn't considered this type of chair at all... but I kind of like them. Are they comfy and/or will the dog eat them? DH thinks I have too many dining chairs and tables already.

Comments (19)

• tomatofreak
    9 years ago

I think they'd look nice with a farm table, but I don't know about comfort. My cats would have a field day, but I think the dogs would ignore them.

• bonnieann925
    9 years ago

Do you have a picture of the farm table? If possible, try before you buy. If they aren't comfortable, then forget it, unless you plan on adding some chair pads. We have rattan in our sunroom and it has held up very well, but it's a chair, love seat and sofa. Our cats (when we had them....)never bothered with the legs at all.

• nhb22
    9 years ago

Maybe it's the photo angle, but they look low to me.

• Fori
    9 years ago

They LOOK comfortable. Rattan can be really comfy unless it's scratchy. Some cats can pick on that material but a dog that ignores other furniture probably won't bother those.

I bet they'd look good with a farm table. A little unexpected, but good.

Make sure they are the correct height before you buy them--sounds like you need to get it right this time. :D

• graywings123
    9 years ago

My gut feeling is no. They are just a tad too fragile looking for a farm table.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

No. You have way better taste that those, NSM.

• amykath
    9 years ago

I would have to see the table. I do LOVE those chairs!

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    9 years ago

They look small. Are they? I particularly like ample chairs (although I don't need them)
    I think they could work with a farm table, possibly, if they were painted. As is, no.

• persnicketydesign
    9 years ago

Another no. I like unexpected, but I think you need something with more weight. Those look too airy to go with a farm table.

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

I think they would be fine as part of a bistro set....a quick snack or meal...but they don't look like they'd be comfortable for long family meals, sitting around the table chatting, playing board games, etc. our friends had rattan family room furniture and it was so uncomfortable...I don't know how they stood it watching TV several hours every night.

• nosoccermom
    Original Author
    9 years ago

OK, I thought so. Might work with the breakfast table, but not 8 of them. However, they're 518.00/piece via the houzz site.

Here is a link that might be useful: [cane chairs[(https://www.houzz.com/products/palecek-antique-cane-side-chair-prvw-vr~11792099)

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    9 years ago

You are more resilient than I am!

• nosoccermom
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It's EIGHT chairs, plus the 10 or 12 I already have.
    Maybe I'll check them out.

• tomatofreak
    9 years ago

OK, now I think you've gone from "needing" to justifying! Take a deep breath before you take the plunge. ;-)

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

I like them, but I'm not sure if scale-wise they would work. They really are a great buy though and IMO you can't have too many chairs.

• nosoccermom
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well, I don't have the farm table yet, either.....

• lynn_r_ct
    9 years ago

What holly-kay said!!!

• anele_gw
    9 years ago

It all depends on the farm table-- some do not have the super chunky legs. But, I know you've been looking for a long time . . .will these limit you even more?

I am always in the camp of more chairs if you have the room.

I like them a lot!

• nosoccermom
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes, I think first things first, i.e. the elusive farm table.