Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mistyb_gw

Suggestion on paint color to match this bedding

mistyb
14 years ago

Can anyone make suggestions on what paint color would look good with this Land of Nod bedding. I had green with it in our last house but my daughter wants pink or purple this time. Any suggestions?

This is the link to the website. I can't figure out posting pics on her.

http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=41&f=1029

Comments (17)

• credomk
    14 years ago

I can't tell for sure if this would work or not, but my DD has Benjamin Moore's Lily Lavender in her room and it is really cute. It might work with the lavender/purple in your DD's quilt.

• User
    14 years ago

Here you go. What cute bedding, in regards to paint color I love that yellow pictured. Using pink on all four walls can be over powering, but since she wants pink I would add white bead board and use the lightest pink on the upper part of the walls.

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Bedding Link

• mistyb
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I think it has so many colors and shades in it that it is difficult to decide. The green was really cute and the lavender looked great with the green. We have lavender gingham curtains as well. I think she would prefer a shade of pink.

• Jodi_SoCal
    14 years ago

I don't have time to figure out exact color names but I did put together six color ideas using colors from various parts of the bedding. Hope it helps.

{{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

• janjan212
    14 years ago

I liked the 3rd one, the pale lavender. Cute!

• Jodi_SoCal
    14 years ago

Popping this back to the top in case Misty missed it.

• nanny2a
    14 years ago

I love the deep pink, but wish there was a PS sample of that aqua that's in the bedding. It's such a cute, cute quilt!!

• lavender_lass
    14 years ago

I just went through this with my nieces and they outgrow the pink and purple so fast :( I think I would do all light pink or a chair rail with lavender or white on the bottom and pink on top (depending on what your daughter likes the most). My 10 year-old niece has a room at her Dad's that started out bright fuscia and she did NOT want to paint it. She loves the color (it looks like nail polish) but with white trim, white furniture, purple sheer curtains with sequins and her Hannah Montana/High School Musical stuff it does look really cute. The important thing is she loves it and her friends think it's awesome! LOL

I think the bedding is adorable and pink walls will look very nice. Enjoy it while it lasts, because all my other nieces are too cool for pink now and like red and blue :)

• Jodi_SoCal
    14 years ago

Three more options...

{{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

• powermuffin
    14 years ago

Geez, all of those look good!
    Diane

• haley_comet
    14 years ago

They do all look good.

Going with the yellow picture I think a nice match would be Benjamin Moore's Dijon. I have it in my foyer and I think it would look so nice with that bedding.

Haley

• Jodi_SoCal
    14 years ago

Benjamin Moore's Dijon.

{{!gwi}}

• haley_comet
    14 years ago

IRL Dijon is more yellow than that picture.

Anyways just a thought..good luck!

• Jodi_SoCal
    14 years ago

Well that's odd, I pulled the color right off the BM web site. Thought it looked a little lackluster for the name they gave it.

• sheesh
    14 years ago

If the kid wants pink or purple, let her have pink or purple! She'll outgrow the quilt for sure (it's adorable, btw), and maybe the pink or purple, too, but in the meantime, let her pick what she wants. How would you like to live in a room you didn't like?

I sound like an old crab here, and really I'm not. But I always let my kids "decorate" their rooms the way they wanted them, even when it wasn't exactly what I'd have done - not by a long shot!

As for outgrowing pink, well, my 28 yo dtr has loved pink since the day she was born. She wears it, lives in it, works in it, would have bought a pink car if she'd found one. She's a wonderful, girly, professional woman, so pink hasn't hurt her in the least. You should have seen some of the pinks on her walls when she was growing up!

• ouryellowhouse
    14 years ago

My daughter has BM Ballerina Pink which looks pink or purple (to my eyes) depending on the light. Here are some pics we took before we moved in - it was a little overwhelming at first for me but now with all her stuff I like it. She has a rug from Room and Board with different colors (pink, purple, blue, green, yellow) and her bedding (from the Company Store) also picks up all those colors. You can see even with these pics, all taken at the same time, it looks different but manages to work.

{{!gwi}}

• lottamoxie
    14 years ago

I like the idea of white beadboard below and then whatever color you or she chooses above. You could even pick 2 complementary colors and paint one wall a brighter color and the other 3 a more subtle/soft color. But white beadboard will give it such a nice look and, in the future, will mean less wall surface to have to repaint when she wants a different color and is ready for a more grown-up look.

BTW, I never got to decide on my room color growing up. My parents had their decorator pick the (pink) shade, along with the pink/cranberry shag w-2-w carpet, the white furniture, and the bedspread/dust ruffle/etc, and that's how that room stayed from 1970 until they sold the house in 2004! Fortunately I moved away for college in 1979.

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer