Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisa616_gw

sink color? Help! Driving myself crazy..

lisa616
12 years ago

I know this is kitchen question...but, really it's a decorative decision for me!!! I can't decide on a blanco silgranite color...any opinions out there? I am sort of mixed with the new truffle color, black or biscotti. The samples are sitting on a black composite sink. Not silgranit...I didn't get a sample of it. My appliances are stainless except for my oven which is a stainless and white mix. Eventually, it will die...so I'm not concerned with tying in the white. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Comments (10)

• lynninnewmexico
    12 years ago

I vote for the black/Anthracite. I have the Blanco Silgranit sink in Anthracite and I LOVE this sink!!!! I like the transition of the black, brown, cream & tan Silestone counters with it. It never shows spots or stains and always looks great. I've had tons of compliments on it. I do have to tell you that I had lots of negative comments when I first mentioned that I was getting a black sink. All the naysayers love it now, though ;^D. Most people comment that it looks elegant. Ihe Anthracite doesn't stand out as a focal point; rather, it flows with the counters, letting them shine. It's a great sink! I love it and will NEVER have anything else but a Blanco Silgranit kitchen sink. When we replace the laundry room sink, I'm getting a Silgranit for there, too. Here's pic of mine:
    Lynn
    {{!gwi}}

• User
    12 years ago

We bought a black (anthracite?) Blanco Silgranit sink 3 years ago and I looove it. It's the 30/70 basin style and functionally it's a dream. The one drawback is we have hard well water and it's marked the sink so it looks like there is a cloudy mess in it. I was very upset about this as I was told it would never experience any staining issues but here they are. To remedy the problem, once or twice a month, I treat it with Mineral oil. It's not a big deal to do and the treatment does revert it back to looking brand new, it just isn't a permanent fix and certainly wasn't what I was expecting. So my advise is to really consider what kind of water you have and how the material the sink is made of will react to it.

• lisa616
    Original Author
    12 years ago

thanks for the information! I have no idea what kind of water I have?? Pretty normal, I think!! I just worry the black will look like a big black hole with the granite! I love the truffle color...ugh. Just want to make the right decision. And, then on to backslashes! One thing at a time.....

• Oakley
    12 years ago

I think a lot would depend on how much light you get in the kitchen along with color of cabinets.

Kohler makes all different colored sinks, have you seen them?

If you had hard water you'd know it, so if you go with a color like Lynn's, it'd be fine.,

• dakota01
    12 years ago

I have the silgranite cafe brown and LOVE IT....I was going to go w/the anthracite but I thought it was too dark and even looked a bit washed out. My granite is black, brown, cream, little peach and a blue gray.
    My cabinets are cream w/brown glaze. I used ss appliances.

• caminnc
    12 years ago

I know you said you are not concerned about tying in the white but it could work.

• deeinohio
    12 years ago

We also have the Blanco Silgranit sink in Anthracite and love it. And, lukki, I had read over in kitchens to use CLR to remove those hard water stains and it works like a dream.
    Dee

• amyktexas
    12 years ago

I loved my anthracite siligranit sink so much that when we moved I installed another one. It is one of my favorite things in my kitchen. I have black pearl granite in this house and had new venetian gold at the old house and can honestly say I think it goes with everything. The black of the sink really helps tie in the fact that my stainless ovens have black for the glass doors...

• User
    12 years ago

Oh Dee!!! Thanks so much for sharing that info. I bought some, read it wasn't safe on granite and feared the same for the Silgranit. I'll give it a try today. I was so disappointed so if it fixes it, I'll be tickled pink!

• lisa8192
    12 years ago

I bought black! Ordered it from amazon.......thank you everyone!