Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Opinion on entryway color

Posted by taracol (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 8, 12 at 17:13

HI-
I would like an opinion on which to do. I am painting my dining room Benjamin Moore's Interlude color (like a brownish neutral). We have small entryway into the dining room (which is where our front door is) and it has an arch. My question is should I paint the whole entryway including the arch the accent color Frappe or just the actual arch? Which would look better? My husband and I have a difference of opinion. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Opinion on entryway color

Can you post a picture? Really hard to envision, and a photo would help a lot.

o

If the arch has wall and ceiling surfaces, just paint the arch the accent color. If by "arch" you mean just a piece of flat wall visible from only one side, I'd paint the whole entryway and the arch the same accent color. You don't want stripes or little bits of accent color. There needs to be a minimum amount.

o

Here is a picture of the arch itself. This is the entryway with the arch if you came in the front door.

o

Here is the archway if you are in the dining room already and looking at the front door.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here