Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teacats_gw

Cool chinoiserie christmas wreath -- DIY

teacats
9 years ago

Saw this posting while travelling through the blogosphere -- and HAD to share it with you .....

... so VERY chic .... and with instructions too! :)

Already have enough wreaths hanging hereabouts BUT I thought perhaps someone might "need" (cough, cough LOL!) a new idea for a wreath? :)

Enjoy!

Here is a link that might be useful: Good Life of Design -- blog posting DIY wreath

Comments (10)

• concretenprimroses
    9 years ago

That is fabulous!
    Kathy

• marcolo
    9 years ago

Ha! That is just great! Good find.

• chickadee2_gw
    9 years ago

'Love it! Thanks for sharing.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

I love love that! I might steal it in some way. We are having a party next weekend and I'm thinking of decorating with nothing but shades of green.

• kswl2
    9 years ago

It is absolutely darling, I love it and would happily buy it, but that kind of DIY is not happening around her at Christmas or any other time of the year!

Mtn, it would be great hanging on a mirror in your Maine house, those sea captains always had bits and pieces from the Far East decorating their homes!

• schoolhouse_gw
    9 years ago

So pretty. Wish I had a place to put one of those.

Yesterday I was sitting in the library looking down towards the neighbors across the highway. Their ancient cedar pine lost a large branch in the high winds several days ago. Finally I called them and within the hour I was going down my road with my cart and across the highway to lop off as much of the green boughs as I could and filled my cart with them. There were little blue/white berries on them too. They are full boughs and perfect for swags and wreaths. The only downside is when the foliage dies, OUCH, very prickly when dry; so not sure I can bring too much inside.

• teacats
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Morning!! and Happiest of Thanksgiving Days!

So glad that you all liked the idea of the wreath -- I kept thinking how wonderful a pair would be on big double front doors -- with a blue-and-white pot of white poinsettias .....

... Or for a party (or even a wedding) .... a line of these wreaths around a space (maybe with a mirror inside?) ....

... and SO many possible accent colors -- bright claret red; deep ocean blue; bright lime green; persimmon orange; lemon or perhaps saffron yellow; eggplant purple .....

• sameboat
    9 years ago

Gorgeous.

• Mike121
    9 years ago

Hey, thanks for posting this genuine information. Moreover, i'm planning to decorate my interiors with green and pastels so this one could be helpful for me to some extent.

• kittymoonbeam
    9 years ago

I like the beautiful shape and letting the greenery shine. Too many wreaths are overwhelmed with decorations.
    Thanks for sharing this charmer.