Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mcb5_gw

How to Hang Wreaths on Mirrors

mcb5
12 years ago

What is the best way to hang a wreathon a mirror? I would rather not put a nail in the wall above the mirror.

Comments (17)

• Mom2BoysWisconsin
    12 years ago

Why don't you go to a craft store and buy some suction cups with hooks on them? I haven't tried it, but it seems worth a try.

• nanny2a
    12 years ago

I've always used the suction cups with hooks, or mirrors or window glass, and found they've held very well. I believe they also make Command hooks now, too, that can be applied to glass surfaces.

Here is a link that might be useful: Says here that they will work on glass

• work_in_progress_08
    12 years ago

Mine is hung from a hook on a suction cup. Can't see it and when I want to take down the wreath, I don't have a hole in the wall. Depending on whether your mirror is wood, you may be able to use a ribbon and push pin into the back of the mirror frame?

• lisa_mocha
    12 years ago

I used 3M command hooks last year to hold my wreath...worked fine with no damage to the wall. Just tucked the hook behind top of mirror and also used a ribbon

onecatonedog~love your mirror & wreath display:)

• Fori
    12 years ago

I realize that I play with magnets more than an adult should, but rare earth magnets are never a bad choice. I do like the ribbon though!

• patty_cakes
    12 years ago

I take advantage of the wire that's holding the mirror~~slip a ribbon thru and bring it over the top of the mirror. The wreath can be attached by wrapping the ribbon around the wreath. ;o)

• rafor
    12 years ago

I also thumbtack the ribbon to the back of the mirror. Easy Peasy :)

• sah54
    12 years ago

Where can I buy the command hooks? I wanted to use those to hang the Christmas wreaths on my windows (on the outside).

• mcb5
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for all of your responses.

I believe you can buy Command hooks on Target. I was planning on getting them for my front door garland.

• xantippe
    12 years ago

I am going to put a small nail on the back of my mirror, as the mirror is attached to a dresser, and there is therefore room to do so. Then I'll use a ribbon.

The suction cup, though, is genius! Ditto Command hooks.

• Rhy123
    9 years ago

I want to hang a wreath over my mirror above my fireplace. what diameter would you recommend? The mirror is 42 inches, that includes glass and frame.

• allison0704
    9 years ago

Target and Home Depot always have a large selection of Command Hooks. I began using them three years ago when I started hanging vintage wooden stocking stretcher instead of regular stockings (mantel photo below). I bought clear, but the ribbon is tied in a loose knot and goes over the hook. Wouldn't show otherwise anyway. I also use on a wreath over mirror.

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Onecatonedog, I love your mirror. It reminds me of Carver's Guild Quatrain mirror.

• musicteacher
    9 years ago

I hung a wreath on my mirror last year for Thanksgiving/Christmas - using the command hook directly on the glass. I have to admit that it is still hanging there! So I guess they are pretty strong!

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Those stocking stretchers are adorable, Allison!

• allison0704
    9 years ago

Thank you! (etsy)