Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tsan731

Laurie/ msrose - close up of Christmas tree

To Bro
13 years ago

It's a 9' slim tree, I still need to add the tree skirt. I have to young boys, 4 & 5 and I wanted to make it fun for them this year. The past couple of years my tree was formal and probably boring to them but this one right up their alley! Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Comments (11)

• msrose
    13 years ago

It's absolutely gorgeous! I bought a new tree this year and I'm in the process of buying new decorations. This makes me want to take the decorations back that I already bought and start over. My boys are 16 and 20 though, so I can't justify the expense like you can :)

Thanks for the pictures!!!!

Laurie

• mailynn
    13 years ago

Gorgeous. My baby is 34 otherwise, I would be copying youirs. LOL> I do have a question about the ribbon. Is this one continuous piece. Does it go completely around the tree or just kinda flow down over the front and sides. I bought some of that wire mesh stuff and I am unsure of the technique in placing it on the branches.

I'm sure your boys will lvoe the tree. So whimsical and fun.

Enjoy
    Linda

• To Bro
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you both!

Linda, I bought a total of 6 bolts of ribbon and each bolt is 10 yards long. Since the tree is in the corner I didn't go all the way around the tree. I started at the top, using plant wire I connected all three ribbons together then secured it to one of the branches and just swooped it down and pinched together where I wanted it to stop and used the tree branches to wrap around the ribbon and started going down the tree from the left to the right. I think you can just position it where you think it looks best.

I used the wide mesh in the past and that looks great too! I used the same method with the mesh as I did with the ribbon. Good Luck! I hope this helped.

• nhb22
    13 years ago

Absolutely beautiful! Your tree reminds me of the trees my grandmother use to decorate. Makes me happy to see it again! :)

• donnawb
    13 years ago

I am a lot older than 4 or 5 and I just love your tree. You did a beautiful job.

• rmkitchen
    13 years ago

Me too! Couldn't you see it in my favorite movie "The Nightmare Before Christmas"? It is so fantastical & fantastic. I really applaud and am envious of your flair. Happy Holidays! xo

• loribee
    13 years ago

DARLING!!

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Wonderful tree. It would take first prize!!!

• sundownr
    13 years ago

Can you go re-buy all of those goodies and stuff them in a box and mail them to me? I love that tree! My 14 & 16 yr olds don't really care if we have a tree but my grandson (turning 2 on Monday) would sure love it.

• pheasantlady
    13 years ago

I totally love it.My 16 month old grandson would have a fit over it.

• mitchdesj
    13 years ago

It's adorable, you did that very well with an abundance of stuff, that's the key I think.